cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client changed my rating since I gave him a low rating!!!!

kamalanathanv
Kamalanathan V Member Since: Aug 28, 2013
1 of 2
I have worked for a real estate company for past couple a months for a very less pay of $1/hour and they were exploiting me with heavy tasks too. Well this is what happened. I applied only for the position of CSR with their company. As they have little data entry task to be done, they posted another job and asked to start work on that for $1/hr. Being said as they would give long term business, I was doing works whatever they ask for, at the same rate. Though I have got opportunities to work for $4/hr, I was doing their work being expected a hike. When I asked for a hike, they tried to have me work for $2/hr where I was having a project on queue for $4/hr. As I got a decent offer from some another client for a $4/hr project and I decided to work on that. So I wrote an email stating that I don't wish to work for the same company for that pay and gave a notice period of 2 weeks. Later, they came up with unfair terms and conditions to agree and to work on any activities in their business processes, including CSR, just for $2/hr. They were really wise in making me do all the other kind of tasks for their very little pay. Then, I said I could not work for it and asked them to end the contract. Finally, they ended the contract and I gave them 2.40 star ratings and wrote what they did. They gave me a 4 star rating since my work was good, but being upset by my honest review, they had now changed my rating into 2 stars. This is a sort of revenge and is really unjust. I don't know how oDesk allows this kind of things to happen. Can someone please explain?
zoomconcepts
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 2
Huh? I'm pretty sure once feedback's been submitted (and it had to be, in order for you to know it was 4 stars initially), each party needs other party's permission to change feedback. Have you authorized a change? And a side thought - if you can land projects for $4, that's great. But it's not professional to accept a job for $1 and then complain that it's low. You're the one who accepted it, so it's your responsibility too. [quote]Later, they came up with unfair terms and conditions to agree and to work on any activities in their business processes, including CSR, just for $2/hr. They were really wise in making me do all the other kind of tasks for their very little pay.[/quote] No, you were unwise in accepting their new terms if you thought they were unfair. As a freelancer it's up to you to defend your rights and negotiate conditions you're comfortable with. Take some responsibility for your actions.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS