cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client changed names when work completed, reviewed client not the same as hiring/project duration

Highlighted
Matthew E Member Since: Apr 2, 2018
1 of 5

So a client closed the contract, and then his name changed! I wrote my evaluation and a different name is now associated with the evaluaiton. I don't know why it happened, and it doesn't sound ethical to me. I just wanted to bring this to ppl's attention.

Highlighted
Gjorgji P Member Since: Apr 20, 2017
2 of 5

Matthew, maybe you can try contacting customer support and ask them to allow you a change on the review (if it's possible) so you can write the correct (new) name of your client. I am not quite sure if there is an option, to change the review by yourself. 

Are you sure that his name changed? Maybe his company's name changed - that has happened to me a couple of times, as my client opened a second business. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

At this point, I suggest doing nothing else.

Upwork has your report and will attend to it as necessary.

You have nothing to gain through further effort on this issue.

Highlighted
Matthew E Member Since: Apr 2, 2018
4 of 5

The company name has not changed. The user (client) was one name until the contract ended and then, when I filled out the evaluation, the client name was a different person's name (still under same company name).

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Matthew,

Are you referring to the feedback comment you left on the contract? You can ask the client to enable you to edit it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS