🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client changing his requirement again and aga...
Page options
sajid_rizwan
Community Member

Client changing his requirement again and again

Hello I have a client, He hired me yesterday and project was to design 7 icons in png format, he hired me and told me that to get bonus you have to complete this task in 1-2 hours and I have just completed his task in 2 hours and he goes offline and came back online after 12-14 hours and then he changed his requirements to design 2 icons in different version, and then I did the same and when I sent the icons to the client, then he changed again the requirements and the requirements he asked is totally different from the job he has posted, I have told him to increase your budget he denied, I  and says I am not happy with the work and yet I have designed exactly same design he was asking for, I have delivered all the png files to him and Now his decision is that he will hire someone else for the job, What should I do now?  what about my efforts? I have 100% JSS on upwork.

Kindly Guide me what should I do with the client?

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rizwan: This client sounds like a bad person who is trying to cheat you.

Was this an hourly or fixed-price contract?

It's fixed not hourly, I can send screenshots of the chat also, if you want me too

re: "I can send screenshots of the chat also, if you want me too"

Those screenshots would be deleted by moderators. That isn't something that we can post in the Community Forum.

This was a fixed-price contract. Have you used the official green button to "Submit Work / Request Payment"?

What was the total dollar amount in the funded escrow payment?

I haven't submit the work yet, because all the past projects I have done clients closed the contract and release the payment. I have sent him the png files in messages.

The total amount in escrow is $25 and yet he is doing this kind of act.

He is giving you the runaround over $25??

If it is me, I definitely don't have time for that nonsense.

No matter what you do, communicate in a polite, professional manner. Tell him:

"Francis:

Thank you once again for the opportunity to work on this project. I am particularly pleased with the work that I did on these icons. If they don't meet your expectations, then you do not need to pay for them. If you wish to release payment now, then everything I have done on this project will belong to you, including the source vector files, and you can use the material in any way that you want. Otherwise, you may close the contract while asking for a complete refund. I will accept your refund request and keep the icons for myself. I would like to post them in my portfolio. (As you already know, Upwork rules require that ownership of any work done remain with the freelancer if the client does not fully pay for the work.)"

Thank you so much, and what about My JSS? If he wants me to refund and I will refund it then how does this affect my JSS?

Your JSS is currently at 100% and you have completed 9 jobs.

I think your JSS will be just fine.

As far as I know the client can't leave feedback if the contract is cancelled. I would probably cut your losses with this guy now. I have had similiar things happen over time so now I send screenshots and once the client says he is happy I send the full resolution file. That way if he tries getting out of paying there is a bit more proof that he was satisfied if it needs to go to a dispute.

Hi Thomas, Thank you for the response, What should I do now? If he ready to give me the amount of my and then give me bad ratings after dispute then? and I have seen Job Success policy that "successful contract out - negative contrsct output" then In both cases I am in loss, tell me what should I do now?

Thomas W wrote:

As far as I know the client can't leave feedback if the contract is cancelled. I would probably cut your losses with this guy now. I have had similiar things happen over time so now I send screenshots and once the client says he is happy I send the full resolution file. That way if he tries getting out of paying there is a bit more proof that he was satisfied if it needs to go to a dispute.

Newp. Client can leave feedback and this guy's will probably be bad. His JSS is about to go into the pooper.

Miss Jennifer Hello, What should I do now to get rid of this situation without losing my JSS? Can you guide me 

Hi Rizwan, 

I checked your account and since there is money in Escrow, you have the option of disputing the money in Escrow especially if your client is asking you to do work that was not part of the original agreement on your contract. 

You may read more information about disputes in this thread. Should you decide to file a dispute, the Mediation team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths