cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client cheated with me

djsbaker
Daniel John B Member Since: Oct 3, 2013
11 of 24
Damn, I am relatively new to this freelance game on oDesk, and out with I have always worked in an agency that had project managers who faced off the bad clients. So far on oDesk my ratio is 1 bad out of 7 good. More fun to look forward to....
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 24
Hi all, I’ve removed several posts to this thread as they violate the spirit of our Forum Rules. Specifically, we ask that when posting here you, “…treat each other with respect and behave in a manner fit for a professional work environment.” Please be considerate of this moving forward. Thanks,
~ Valeria
Upwork
kofbd
Kazi R Member Since: Nov 3, 2011
13 of 24
Hi valeria! sorry if my any word was against policy. Tried to explain the real story, so others can be careful.
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
14 of 24
Hi Valeria, I totally agree with "treat[ing] each other with respect and behave in a manner fit for a professional work environment" But with respect I think you could have left in the first two, or four, of the deleted posts as they contained a claim about the way things are, and a rebuttal that the statement was too generalised - nothing more - and I believe those early posts were intended to be helpful to users. Where it went from there - well, suffice to say I believe some behaved more professionally than others...
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
15 of 24
I don't know why any of them got deleted, if this is how it's going to be with the new mod, she will be deleting lots of comments.
djsbaker
Daniel John B Member Since: Oct 3, 2013
16 of 24
Still confused why mine were deleted....I have been searching the T&C's but still can't find 'potato' or 'apple' under offensive things to say....
coffman-robin
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
17 of 24
[quote=Natasha R.]I don't know why any of them got deleted, if this is how it's going to be with the new mod, she will be deleting lots of comments.[/quote] This is ridiculous! It is interesting that the one being unprofessional here is the one with comments still posted. Now, this post doesn't even reflect Stephens legitimate concern for what a reader might take away from these "you can expect 3-5 per year--regardless...blah, blah" comments. For anyone reading, NO, you should not expect 3-4 bad contracts per year. Posters have countered that falsehood and want you to know that it is possible to have no bad contracts ever, if you are careful. I guess letting you know that you were given bad information is against the rules now. This will make the forum such a helpful place, won't it?
mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
18 of 24
I assumed "chit" was a bad word. Then saw he whole thread had been revamped. Guess from now on we are expected to be YES men/women.
expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
19 of 24
** that. A "Chit" is a small thing. As in "a chit of a girl". Also chit or chitty can be a note...I've only seen the word used as in a requisition note, usually military. *Removed by admin*
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
20 of 24
and chatting about chits is called chit chat...
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS