🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client choose me as a designer, but job i...
Page options
tarja_mo
Community Member

Client choose me as a designer, but job is closed

Hi!  I have applied for a job and the client accepted my application. We have contacted via skype (he wanted it) and he gave me all the information about the project and we decided to work together. But I noticed that this job is closed in UpWork and it didn`t show in my contracts. Is it ok, or may this be a fraud?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

It DOES NOT MATTER if a job is closed or not.

I client may be able to reactiveate a job if it isn't completely "closed."

A client can create a new job posting and send you a private invite.

A client can create a new job public job posting and send you the link and let you apply to it (not as cool, because it requires connects, but perfectly workable).

A client can create a job posting from scratch, or a client can use a previous job posting as the template for creating a new job posting.

As long as a client gets a real job offer to you and you see that offer here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

...that's what matters.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daria,

I checked your account and unfortunately can confirm that the client did not send you an offer just yet. Please do not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, and the client's payment method is verified. 

Please read the Safety First! section of the freelancer resources we have compiled here, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members