cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client claiming he never worked with me. I have hourly proof, payment @ work to prove otherwise!

Ace Contributor
Jenny G Member Since: May 16, 2019
31 of 36

Can anyone answer what steps I need to take and how?

I really want the unfair and untrue rating and comment removed. It shouldn't be there and it's just not right for a 3-star rating with the "I never worked with this contractor" comment to be blaringly at the top of my feedback list on my profile. It's going to be extremely detrimental to my ability to get more work.

I'll take any help I can get.

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
32 of 36

Jenny G wrote:

Can anyone answer what steps I need to take and how?

I really want the unfair and untrue rating and comment removed. It shouldn't be there and it's just not right for a 3-star rating with the "I never worked with this contractor" comment to be blaringly at the top of my feedback list on my profile. It's going to be extremely detrimental to my ability to get more work.

I'll take any help I can get.

You received several suggestions, there isn't much point in going through all the options one more time.

Make up your mind and stop contradicting yourself:

And yes, I do want the comment to remain if the rating must remain. The comment shows that the client is confused, especially since right above it is my comment about how fun the project was.

Ace Contributor
33 of 36

I think you misread my comment. I'm not contradicting myself. I'm saying that I want the entire comment/rating to be removed. But if the ratings must stay, then the comment should stay as well. 

I apologize for upsetting you. You seem personally angry about my comment requesting how to report this and who to contact. I won't respond on this post further. I'll do my own research.

Thank you. Have a wonderful day. And best of luck to you.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
34 of 36

. I'm saying that I want the entire comment/rating to be removed.

Not going to happen.

Upwork very, very rarely interfere with feedback, for a variety of obvious reasons.

One of them being that otherwise every freelancer who ever gets poorer feedback would waste Support time trying to have it changed or removed.

Simply respond to the feedback, briefly and professionally.

Then move on.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
35 of 36

Jenny G wrote:

I apologize for upsetting you. You seem personally angry about my comment requesting how to report this and who to contact. I won't respond on this post further. I'll do my own research.

I saw no indication that she was upset or angry. What you may be misinterpreting as anger is likely just the mild frustration that regulars here feel when several experienced freelancers volunteer their time to provide answers, and to rephrase and present those answers in several different ways, and someone simply refuses to accept facts they don't like. 

If anyone in customer service responds to you at all, they will tell you the same thing, with one exception: they will likely tell you that you can make the rating disappear by making a full refund. They will likely NOT tell you that this action will make the review disappear from your profile, but won't mitigate the damage to your JSS. They will likely not tell you that zero payment contracts in and of themselves are bad for your JSS. But, experienced freelancers know those things, and so do not make that "here's a quick way to get rid of you" suggestion. 

Ace Contributor
36 of 36

Great! Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS