🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Client closed contract while a milestone was ...
Page options
johndeven134
Community Member

Client closed contract while a milestone was active which is now being reflected as a refund

Hello,

I want to check that the client closed the contract while a milestone was active. Now this is being displayed as a refund of funds in escrow, which has to be given to the client. The client has agreed that he will like to pay the milestone which was active too after closing the contract. Can someone let me know if I click on the file dispute option to get the payment of the milestone which is now being displayed as a refund that has to be given to the client will it affect my JSS. 

And on the other hand if I give the refund will this affect my JSS still. Because this has been a long time client I have been working with.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

@John D wrote:

I want to check that the client closed the contract while a milestone was active. Now this is being displayed as a refund of funds in escrow, which has to be given to the client. The client has agreed that he will like to pay the milestone which was active too after closing the contract. Can someone let me know if I click on the file dispute option to get the payment of the milestone which is now being displayed as a refund that has to be given to the client will it affect my JSS. 

And on the other hand if I give the refund will this affect my JSS still. Because this has been a long time client I have been working with.

A refund by itself has no effect on your JSS at all, only the feedback the client gave when ending the contract does (for better or for worse.)

If you and the client trust each other you can work it out without a dispute: The client can pay you via a bonus on the closed contract and you can then approve the Escrow Refund and the whole thing is resolved.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths