Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client closes contract but doesn't leave a feedback

joewrecksdecoy
Ace Contributor
Jorex D Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
1 of 5

Greetings Guys!

I had a hourly contract last March this year but after 2 hours of work, client decided to give it a rest. Now it's August, he finally closes the contract(maybe because of my follow-up message) but he did not leave me a feedback. Will this affect my JSS? And please don't start to correct me that it's my responsibility to tell my client to leave a feedback when he closes the contract because I already did. He's just plainly inactive. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jorex

iamchunchunchun
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

When your client closes the contract, he is forced to give a feedback, so this problem should not have existed. 

View solution in original post

joewrecksdecoy
Ace Contributor
Jorex D Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
3 of 5

Rechecked the closed contract and saw the feedback. It might be the system did not updated when I checked.

Thanks for your input. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Jorex, 

The feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other. If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

@Jorex D wrote:

And please don't start to correct me that it's my responsibility to tell my client to leave a feedback when he closes the contract because I already did. 

There is never any need, or indeed reason to ask a client to leave feedback when ending a contract, because it is absolutely impossible to end a contract without leaving feedback.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS