🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client contacting my company
Page options
pepatranslations
Community Member

Client contacting my company

Dear community!

I hope to get some advice here on the following situation:

I've been working with a client for the past 1.5 years on Upwork now and have logged all my hours here, getting my payment here etc. Now the same client needs an extra service which I don't provide myself. My colleague does provide this service and now my client would like to work with her as well. Question is how to solve it with the billing?

a) Is she allowed to send him an invoice directly for the work that SHE performed for him (while I continue to log my time for the work that I perform myself via Upwork of course) ?

b) Is it allowed to add hours (e.g. 5 hours / week) that SHE worked for him on my profile ? That would make things easier but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to log time for work that I did not perform myself ?

Has the situation ever happened to any of you and how did you solve it ? What is allowed and what not ? This is the first time it happens to me and I want to make sure we find a solution that is in line with Upwork policies. 

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
aizaddx
Community Member

Hi,

Simple answer is:

Ask her(your friend) to create an Upwork profile and after that your client will be able to hire her(your friend) on Upwork.

The answer to question "b" is No.

Thanks,

petra_r
Community Member

Katrin Z wrote:

Now the same client needs an extra service which I don't provide myself. My colleague does provide this service and now my client would like to work with her as well. Question is how to solve it with the billing?

Get the client to use the "Bring my own freelancer" option.

The client may not pay your friend directly and you categorically must not log or add her hours.  a) and b) are both serious violations of the terms of service.

All the client has to do is go to his Freelancers tab in his client account, click on "Bring my own freelancer" and continue from there.

Hi all,

Many thanks for your answers!

Unfortunately, she's not willing to create an Upwork profile, so even if there is no fees, this won't work. We will simply reject the project from the client to avoid any problems 😉 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths