🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client contract paused
Page options
geri_kol
Community Member

Client contract paused

An hourly contract I have with a client has been paused since 4/21. I emailed him last Friday to let him know (in case he was unaware) and he said he would update his credit card that same day or by Saturday. However, today the contract is still marked as "suspended." Can I get an update from Upwork on when the hold will be lifted? We had agreed on me delivering something by tomorrow and obviously I haven´t worked on the project since it was paused (payment shows as pending but the account is still marked as suspended). 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Gergana K wrote: Can I get an update from Upwork on when the hold will be lifted?

Upwork won't discuss your client's account with you, and the client needs to resolve the suspension of their account with Upwork directly.

Gergana K wrote: payment shows as pending 

Hourly? If yes, that doesn't necessarily mean it was paid until it appears in your available balance on Wednesday.

geri_kol
Community Member

It seems the client has resolved the suspension, as the payment has gone from "In review" to "Pending" today - so I'm not sure what other steps Upwork needs to complete. I'm mostly asking because the project is somewhat time-sensitive so I'd like to know when I can resume working on it.

Hi Gergana,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members