🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client contract started and hours charged...
Page options
judebenjamin
Community Member

Client contract started and hours charged without my intervention

Hi,
Support link seems to be down.  I have a strange anomoly with a contract where the offer was accepted but we didn't proceed with any work due to the lockdown in the UK. Last week the contract said it had been started by her and now it's it's invoiced for $140, which I definitely didn't track or enter manually.  Of course, this is quite upsetting for the client getting charged for nothing.  

If someone could respond, I'd be happy to provide contract number.  etc.

Thanks very much,

Jude

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Jude B wrote:

I have a strange anomoly with a contract where the offer was accepted but we didn't proceed with any work due to the lockdown in the UK. Last week the contract said it had been started by her and now it's it's invoiced for $140, which I definitely didn't track or enter manually.  Of course, this is quite upsetting for the client getting charged for nothing.  

Chances are the client created a weekly retainer or salary payment by accident whern setting up the contract.

weekly retainer.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Jude B wrote:

I have a strange anomoly with a contract where the offer was accepted but we didn't proceed with any work due to the lockdown in the UK. Last week the contract said it had been started by her and now it's it's invoiced for $140, which I definitely didn't track or enter manually.  Of course, this is quite upsetting for the client getting charged for nothing.  

Chances are the client created a weekly retainer or salary payment by accident whern setting up the contract.

weekly retainer.png

Sounds about right!  Can the transaction be cancelled?

Jude B wrote:

Sounds about right!  Can the transaction be cancelled?

You'll have to refund it. Also, the contract needs to be closed right away, as the client will be charged for this week as well.

filip_knezevic
Community Member

Hi Jude. Is it a fixed price contract or an hourly one? Maybe the client chose a retainer? Or they simply funded the money for the milestone...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths