🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client created another job instead of adding ...
Page options
florydev
Community Member

Client created another job instead of adding more hours

I had a client that created another job when I thought he had added more hours to the current one.  I accepted it before I realized what he had done.

Is it possible to get this fixed or should I just have the client close the project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Mark:

You're getting paid the same either way.

If it was me, I would just have the client close the old job and continue using the new job.

If you get paid on both jobs, then that's good for your JSS.

If you close a job without any pay at all, that has a negative impact on JSS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Mark:

You're getting paid the same either way.

If it was me, I would just have the client close the old job and continue using the new job.

If you get paid on both jobs, then that's good for your JSS.

If you close a job without any pay at all, that has a negative impact on JSS.

digiphics
Community Member

Mark,

I have had clients do the same thing, either their new to UpWork or their billing needs two separate invoices for projects (I have had this happen too). You're still getting paid.

And don't forget that as long as it is the same client, you are accumulating credit toward the $500 (or $10,000) breakpoint at which your fee is reduced to 10% (or 5%).

Personally, I'm happy to have contracts closed. I get some feedback. It counts toward the number of jobs.

I avoid pestering clients about closing jobs if work is still ongong. But if work is done. Even if it is only halted temporarily, I may well ask a client to close the contract and open a new one when she needs my help again.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members