🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client credit card payment issue
Page options
769c120f
Community Member

Client credit card payment issue

Hi upwork.

i have a client with the name of  **Edited for Community Guidelines**he is facing payment issue from last 4 to 5 days.

upwork payment systems is not accepting his card. his card is ok he confirmed from bank.

i have completed his worked without offer beaucse he was trying to pay me i was watching him on any desk

but upwork systems was not accepting his payment. he was emailed as well to upwork.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** from upwork is handling his case. she told my client our team is currently looking into this issue you are experiening,Please bear with ys we will update you soon as we have additional informaton.

best regards

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Date Nov 18 2022 4.06 AM UTC

My client is still waiting from upwork side to resolve this issue he cannot pay me and upwork is not responding him after 18 Nov email. dear upwork team this is my request please resovle his card issue,then he will pay me my payment.

i will be very thankful for your support.

regards

Muhammad waheed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Muhammud W.,

I hope you haven't sent this client your completed work yet.

Have you spoken directly to the client's bank? If not, you have no assurance this client's credit card will ever be accepted by Upwork. If it isn't accepted by Upwork and you have already delivered your work to this "client" he will have the work he needed and you will be paid nothing

It is a common scam that dishonest clients tell freelancers to go ahead and get started on their project while the client sorts out their credit card with Upwork, despite Upwork's rules not to do so. Or these "clients" will insist freelancers use manually-entered work time, which are not covered by Upwork's excellent hourly payment protection.

In the future, don't even start work on a new hourly project or an unfunded milestone until Upwork's system reflects all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed in regards to a new client's payment method.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Muhammud W.,

I hope you haven't sent this client your completed work yet.

Have you spoken directly to the client's bank? If not, you have no assurance this client's credit card will ever be accepted by Upwork. If it isn't accepted by Upwork and you have already delivered your work to this "client" he will have the work he needed and you will be paid nothing

It is a common scam that dishonest clients tell freelancers to go ahead and get started on their project while the client sorts out their credit card with Upwork, despite Upwork's rules not to do so. Or these "clients" will insist freelancers use manually-entered work time, which are not covered by Upwork's excellent hourly payment protection.

In the future, don't even start work on a new hourly project or an unfunded milestone until Upwork's system reflects all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed in regards to a new client's payment method.

759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Will has a point. Also, it would be best if you let the client sort this out with the support team as no action is required on your end.

Please also note that when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. Please check out this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
f9b9bd3b
Community Member

Hello,

I hope you're doing well. I am currently facing an issue as an Upwork client while attempting to clear an outstanding balance. Every time I try to make a payment, I encounter an error message that prevents me from successfully releasing the payment.

Could you kindly assist me in resolving this issue so I can proceed with clearing the balance?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Matthew

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

We saw your post and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you through this support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths