🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client deleted message to me.
Page options
mcarafello
Community Member

Client deleted message to me.

So I sent out a proposal for a job and didn't hear back for about  a week. Then I saw that I was an active candidate for  said job, but never received  an email, so that confused me. When I clicked on my active candicacies, I saw that the client did indeed send me a message, but it looks like they deleted it immediately.  Not sure if it was a mistake or what but I guess that's why I wasn't notified. 

This may seem like a stupid question, but should I message them and see what's up, or just let them handle it? I figure if they actually want to get in touch with me they probably will, but I'm just looking for some input on this situation. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
mystudiomke
Community Member

Most people here will probably say let it go and move on. I personally would also do that myself.

But if you're really curious or think you missed something then follow-up. Nothing wrong with that.

Lila
kat303
Community Member

If you're an active candidate that means that the client accepted your proposal. IMO yes, if you want to work on this job you should contact the client, not only to discuss the job and finalize terms but to see if the client is still interested in hiring you. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members