Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client demanding feedback change

m-petrusevski
Miodrag P Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
1 of 12

Hi,

I am here to share a problem I have with a client on Upwork and I hope you will be able to give some advice on what to do next, because the client has asked Upwork support **Edited for Community Guidelines** Zendesk to hear my part of the story. I received an email from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. and I am not sure if it is an Upwork generated email.

I worked for the client in question on one project and while it was fine in the beginning regarding payment, he was very poor in communication and had a very immature and unprofessional behavior. I tried to calm him down each time, but never got the professional relationship I looked for.

The last assignement he gave me was while I was traveling. It was three articles and I said I have no time to do them all, to which he replied do as much as you can, so I did two and sent it to him. However, he disappeared after that with no payment at all.

I decided it's time to end the contract and left a feedback I find very appropriate. Four months later, specifically yesterday, he is asking me to change the feedback.

My question is whether the Upwork support email I received from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Zendesk is official and would there be any repercussions in case I am not willing to change feedback, in terms of me being suspended by Upwork.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Miodrag Petrusevski

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 12

Hi Miodrag,

I can confirm the email you are referring to was sent by our team. You can also find the message under My Requests on the Help Center page.

Untitled

View solution in original post

m-petrusevski
3 of 12

Thank you Vladimir! I accept your reply as a solution, but can you or someone else give me information if there would be unintended consequences for me if I am not willing to change the feedback I gave to the client?

Thanks once again.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 12

Hi Miodrag,

There won't be any consequences to your account but please do follow up on your ticket and communicate with our agent in order to get more information, and share your decision.

Untitled
m-petrusevski
5 of 12

Thanks Vladimir! I have contacted the Upwork agent and laid out my side of the story, just as I was aksed to do so.

I decided not to change feedback, since my professional behavior is based on integrity and honesty.

Furthermore, I am tired of clients that abuse freelancers and search for ways to get free work. I consider this a small contribution to the elimination of bad clients.

konservasi
Ace Contributor
Handy R Member Since: Jul 14, 2017
6 of 12

I think if you don't wish to change the feedback,it is no problem at all. Why is he want change the feedback by the way?

m-petrusevski
7 of 12

After abusing our agreement and getting work for free, he disappeared and did not make payment. I decided to end the contract myself and left an appropriate feedback. Four months later he has noticed the feedback and wishes it be changed. I am sorry, but I am sure that I speak for a vast majority of freelancers when I say that we are tired of clients looking to get free work and get away with it. I hope Upwork takes a more firm stance against such behavior.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 12

@Miodrag P wrote:

After abusing our agreement and getting work for free, he disappeared and did not make payment. I decided to end the contract myself and left an appropriate feedback.

This is a very interesting case of there always being two sides to every story. Your client's response to the feedback   and their feedback to you is quite telling, especially when integrating the whole history.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
9 of 12

Miodrag, your response was polite, honest, and short. IMO - perfect.

m-petrusevski
10 of 12

It is interesting, isn't it? His response to my feedback is one that is expected, because I am quite aware that a story can have two different accounts.

However, since you have read his response, did you notice the absence of sound reasoning? He claims that I am crazy to suggest he demanded work in unreasonable hours and then pastes a conversation where I apologize for spelling mistakes due to the fact that he demanded work at night time and did not want to hear my protest, while threatening to terminate our contract.

I guess context is what is missing here. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS