🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client denied milestone payment
Page options
mato0618
Community Member

Client denied milestone payment

I did work for a client who consistently had me do rework. Everytime I did work, he would say that something was wrong (not specific) and then request additional work not specific to the original scope. Once I finished he came back and said EVERYTHING was wrong after I inquired about what specifically was wrong even though I know that I was doing the things that he requested.

If I just don't dispute will he get to give me a negative feedback. Does it go against my JSS. I just want this bad client to go away. 

Unfortunately I did recognize that the client was using the NOT RIGHT method to get more work done before I completed the job.

6 REPLIES 6
tlsanders
Community Member

Dispute.

There's nothing you can do to stop him from giving you negative feedback. If he doesn't pay you anything on the job (or you refund everything paid on the job), he can't leave you public feedback, but that doesn't help as much as you'd think, since he can still leave private feedback, which has a more significant impact on JSS.

With that being said. Should I respond to the cient in any way. He's definitely doesn't seem the type to not leave a negative feedback at this point. 

petra_r
Community Member

Mattie O wrote:

If I just don't dispute will he get to give me a negative feedback. Does it go against my JSS. I just want this bad client to go away. 

Nothing will show on your profile (no public feedback) if you don't dispute.  Feedback is already given, that ship has sailed. But yes, your JSS will take a hit.

That said, if you did the work as specified you should get paid for it. You don't pay the rent with client feedback, but with money...

mato0618
Community Member

Unfortunatey it wasn't that much so I think I'll just let it sail rather than have it hit as a public feedback. Lessons learned. 

re: "With that being said. Should I respond to the cient in any way. He's definitely doesn't seem the type to not leave a negative feedback at this point."

How would responding to the client benefit you?

You're right. No benefit. Moving on.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths