🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client desperately ordered a project desp...
Page options
ehsanul_hoq
Community Member

Client desperately ordered a project despite not agreeing to the terms

Hi,

I got an invitation today at Upwork where one client asked me whether I can deliver articles following one of his resources. I gave him a customized offer pdf with details like pricing and others about the project. However, he said he can pay half of the price so I felt doubtful about his project. I humbly requested him to take another writer for the project. But he started to purchase my project catalog services. Is there any way to get rid of such a situation?

I've already canceled the project

Is there any threat from such clients on the profile?

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Mohammed,

You can cancel any project within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements without impact to your JSS.

Since you were able to cancel the project before this happened, there should be no impact on your profile. 

If you're looking to block this client from being able to contact you any further, the easiest way is to access a room with them, click on their profile icon, then select Block.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Mohammed,

You can cancel any project within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements without impact to your JSS.

Since you were able to cancel the project before this happened, there should be no impact on your profile. 

If you're looking to block this client from being able to contact you any further, the easiest way is to access a room with them, click on their profile icon, then select Block.

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea G. I blocked him in the messages and canceled the order before he could submit the requirement. I hope it will be enough. 

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members