🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client did not close the contract after the m...
Page options
abuhamad-adham
Community Member

Client did not close the contract after the milestone being automatically released from escrow

Greetings

I have a client that did not respond for my messages, so I (submit my work for payment),  within two days the milestone will be released from escrow to my wallet.

My questions is:

What if the client still not responding, will the contract being closed automatically from Upwork, or should I do it?

Thanks for your attention.

10 REPLIES 10
LuiggiR

Hi Adham,

The contract won't be automatically closed upon the release of the payment. You can try to communicate with your client to further discuss the contract or you can end the contract on your own if the client becomes unresponsive. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Would he be able to rate me, dear?

Adham A wrote:

Would he be able to rate me, dear?

Yes, he "can"leave feedback if he wants to within 2 weeks of the contract ending, but doesn't have to. If the client ends the contract, they will leave feedback as it is impossible to end a contract without closing the contract.

Thank you, Petra,

In my case, what do you prefer, whether should I end the contract or the client end it.

Not to forget, the client does not respond in one month.

Thanks

Adham, only you know the case. It depends on what you did, what you discussed so far, and everything else.

Say you close the project. Will the client respond with a negative feedback?

Say you wait for the client. Was the project important enough for the person to continue on some other thing with you later? Does the person need you after this particular project to make his/her business work out?

Is this it with this person?

Do YOU wish to continue with another project for the same person?

All I can do is suggest some obvious questions that might help you to figure out what to do. You must have a gut feeling about the situation. No amount of description on this forum will be enough to give anyone else an equally good understanding of the situation as what you have.

It's your precious client. You know best. 😉

PS. I've had such clients too. Some were OK for another project, some were not (as their own plans kept failing).

Thank you, Mikko

I have done what the client needed in another way because he asks me to do something, but he still postpones giving me the credentials for the website that he subscribed to. So, I got his job done with another site, due to, his refusal or postpone to give me what need to access the website of his subscription.

Tomorrow Upwork will release the payment for me, as the client not responding yet. What should I do tomorrow? End the contract by myself, of not?

Thanks

Adham A wrote:

In my case, what do you prefer, whether should I end the contract or the client end it.

Not to forget, the client does not respond in one month.

If the client has vanished, just close it yourself. Do not haunt clients to close contracts. I send one reminder only.

I have sent him about 3-5 reminds, yet, he did not respond,

I will take your advice, tomorrow, Upwork will release my payment. and then I will end the contract.

Thanks Petra

Adham A wrote:

I have sent him about 3-5 reminds, yet, he did not respond,

That's way too much. 3 is at least 1 too many, 5 is bordering on harassment!

Thank you, Petra, for your help.

Anyway, the client has vanished, I will take your advice in the eye of consideration.

Thank you, again.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members