🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client did not pay agreed upon hours....
Page options
e1a09c51
Community Member

Client did not pay agreed upon hours....

Hello, 

Perhaps I am not reading my account's statistics/data correctly, however, my recent client still owes me 6 hours of payment from our recently closed contract, and now he is not answering my messages. 

Please Assist... Thank you in advance. 

Cordially,

Joshua

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joshua,

I would like to confirm that you're correct and the numbers are not matching. Our team is investigating this further and will assist you directly on the ticket that was created for you. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client did not pay agreed upon hours... Perhaps I am not reading my account's statistics/data correctly, however, my recent client still owes me 6 hours of payment from our recently closed contract, and now he is not answering my messages."

This means that you (the freelancer) used Upwork incorrectly.

re: "Please Assist..."

You do not need "assistance." You need additional knowledge.

You need to figure out what you did wrong.

So that you can avoid making the same mistake again in the future.

re: "my recent client still owes me 6 hours of payment from our recently closed contract and now he is not answering my messages."

Clients are not obligated to answer messages from cllients.

As a freelancer, I get paid for the hours that I log.

This happens AUTOMATICALLY.

The client does not need to do anything.

I don't send messages to the client in order to get paid.

Joshua: I advise you to NOT send any messages to the client.

Did you log your time? Then you'll get paid for your time.

Don't pester the client.

You can check your hours here:

Upwork ->. Reports -> Overview

e1a09c51
Community Member

Hello Preston,

Admittedly, yes, I am a newbie UpWorker who is still trying to master the workflow of this platform. 

I have INDEED logged all of the hours which were agreed upon before the handover of materials was conducted, and the closing of the contract, while I have not been pestering the client post-contract closing. However, the total hours and budget accumulated do NOT equal what I have been paid thus far. 

Thank you for the feedback. 

Are the unpaid hours from this week or last? Last week's hours would not have been paid yet on an hourly contract. Same with this week's. Hourly contracts are paid on a schedule. If you are top-rated, last week's earnings were released last night, if not TR, by Wednesday. There is a 10 day period after the week closes in which you may edit your work diary, the client has a few days to review, and then there is a security period. The client has no control over this timeline; it is the same for all hourly contracts. 

petra_r
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

There is a 10 day period after the week closes in which you may edit your work diary.

No, there isn't. The work week closes at midnight UTC on Sunday, and the work diary closes either at noon UTC on Monday (12 hours later), or when the contract is closed, whichever comes sooner. The work diary of a closed contract is no longer visible to the freelancer, and can't be edited either.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

There is a 10 day period after the week closes in which you may edit your work diary.

No, there isn't. The work week closes at midnight UTC on Sunday, and the work diary closes either at noon UTC on Monday (12 hours later), or when the contract is closed, whichever comes sooner. The work diary of a closed contract is no longer visible to the freelancer, and can't be edited either.

Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking of open contracts and hadn't had my tea yet. 🙂 

Thank you for the feedback, Amanda. 

petra_r
Community Member

Joshua A wrote:

I have INDEED logged all of the hours

Then you will get paid automatically. Make friends with your "Reports > Overview" page and really exlore all the different stages and what they mean.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

e1a09c51
Community Member

Petra, 

Thank you for sharing this chart, it appears to be helpful. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joshua,

I would like to confirm that you're correct and the numbers are not matching. Our team is investigating this further and will assist you directly on the ticket that was created for you. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members