🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My past clients did not receive Testimoni...
Page options
ahmedwaseem097
Community Member

Client did not receive Testimonial email

I sent request for endorsement to my 2 non-upwork clients about 11 days ago. They have a website & a working LinkedIn as well. 

Both of them have not received an email yet. How much time does it take for them to receive an email from Upwork? 

Can anybody help regarding this please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmed,

Once you’ve submitted the Testimonial request, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. If your client is having trouble locating our email, please confirm that they’ve checked their junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there. They may also try whitelisting or allowing emails from Upwork so that their email provider doesn't filter them out. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

137 REPLIES 137
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed, 

Could you please check with your clients if the email may have gone to their spam/junk folders?

~ Avery
Upwork

I did check two times. They did not receive it in any folder of their mail.

Hi Ahmed,

Once you’ve submitted the Testimonial request, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. If your client is having trouble locating our email, please confirm that they’ve checked their junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there. They may also try whitelisting or allowing emails from Upwork so that their email provider doesn't filter them out. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you so much.

I am yet to receive the response from my second non-upwork client for testimonial, email did not reach him yet. 1 email was received the same day I posted here a few days ago. Second still remains. 

Can you please look into this problem?

My profile is a bit stuck, I really need this.

Hi Ahmed,

I'm checking on this with the team and waiting on their reply. We'll update you as soon as we have more information, thank you for your patience.

~Andrea
Upwork

Ok ma'am. Waiting. 

Thank you for patiently waiting, Ahmed. The team has advised that they were able to successfully resend the testimonial request to your client. They are waiting for the Testimonial message from the client for review. Please have them check one more time in the next 24 hours and be sure to check the junk/spam in case their email is filtering them there.

~Andrea
Upwork

Nothing received 😞

Hi Ahmed,

I'm sorry to hear that. Could you please ask your client to check their junk/spam folder?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, several times.. Maybe I need to request the testimonial again?

Hi Ahmed,

I have confirmed with the team that the email has been resent and delivered to the client. We don't see any issues on our end that would prevent the client from receiving and viewing the email. I encourage you to check with your client as the email may have been blocked or put into spam/junk folder by your client's email provider.

~Andrea
Upwork

Ok sure.

I requested another one, can you update if it's sent? I used his company email as requested by him now. 

Ok.

Miss Andrea, I am yet to receive the response from my second client, email did not reach him yet. I did to the first one same day.

Can you please look into this problem? 

My profile is a bit stuck, I really need this. 

740f845a
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I do have the same problem.

1 Client received the email, filled in the testimonial but he & I never got an confirmation.

The other client never received an email. He checked the spam but nothing. Please here as well. 

Thanks, Iris

Hi Iris,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
9f37e725
Community Member

Hello. None of my 3 clients have received any of my testimonial requests. They have checked in their junk/spam and nothing is there. Please help resend the requests.

Hi Chloe,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9f37e725
Community Member

My client **Edited for Community Guidelines** can't still see my testimonial request. Please help.

Hi Chloe,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
0ceb3536
Community Member

Thank you Andrea!

vish2419
Community Member

The same is happening to me. I sent the email three times but the client has not received any email. could you please check thanks

Hi Vishal,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fae461df
Community Member

I have the same problem with my request, could you help me too?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carolina,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing so that we can address it accordingly?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
chitras07
Community Member

I share a testimonial request yesterday with one of my past clients. But he didn't receive an email from Upwork. Although, I can see that the testimonial is awaiting a response in my profile.
Can anyone help, please?

Hi Chitra,

Could you please request your client to check their spam/junk folder? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, thanks for your response.
Yes, we did check and can't find the feedback email on my client's end.

Hi Chitra,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you very much, Andrea 🙂
I'll wait for the solution..!

I worked with a client in another platform and sent him a testimonial request for my profile. It's been 4 days now and he hasn't received any mail from Upwork.

He gave me another email to try, eventually got the mail, sent the proposal, but Upwork didn't approve it because they couldn't verify it was from his authentic business email.

I tried resending the request to the initial mail, which is his primary business email, but the system refused saying that the "testimonial has already been sent to this client". And he hasn't gotten any email yet!

I'm in a quandary right now. Please what else can I do?

Hi Eloghosa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have two clients for whom I have done their projects for some time now they have not seen the email, please attend to this, because I need it to showcase my skills,  thanks

Hi Prince,

Could you please ask your client to check their junk/spam folder in case the email was sent there?

~Andrea
Upwork
74760ef5
Community Member

Hi, I have two clients who said they would write testimonials for me.  I filled out the information you requested, and your site says the emails were sent.  Neither client received an email from you and they have checked their spam folders.  Is there away to resend the emails, or some other way they can create a testimonial?

Hi Russell,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
74760ef5
Community Member

Thanks Nikola.  A little update, one client found the email, but the other still says it never came in and is not in Spam.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths