🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Past Clients Didn't Receive Testimonial Reque...
Page options
ahmedwaseem097
Community Member

Client did not receive Testimonial email

I sent request for endorsement to my 2 non-upwork clients about 11 days ago. They have a website & a working LinkedIn as well. 

Both of them have not received an email yet. How much time does it take for them to receive an email from Upwork? 

Can anybody help regarding this please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmed,

Once you’ve submitted the Testimonial request, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. If your client is having trouble locating our email, please confirm that they’ve checked their junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there. They may also try whitelisting or allowing emails from Upwork so that their email provider doesn't filter them out. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

137 REPLIES 137
74760ef5
Community Member

Ok, after both saying yesterday they couldnt find the emails, even in spam, they have now both found them today.  Thanks for responding, but I guess this case is closed!  Thanks again.

63a9a2a8
Community Member

Hello there,

I have sent out a Testimonial Request to a Non-Upwork client of mine. Filled in all the necessary info. But my client says she did not receive any mail, neither in inbox nor in spam/junk! What can be the issue here? Could someone please assist? Thanks in advance.

Hi Quazy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie. Will be waiting.

5eb17e9a
Community Member

Hello. Yesterday I sent a recall request to my client not from upwork and he did not receive any email. What could be the problem?

I also double-checked the data I filled out for the recall request and there were no misspellings.

Hi Pavel,

Could you please advise if your client has checked their junk/spam folder in case the email was sent there?

~Andrea
Upwork
4cfeaecc
Community Member

I requested a testimonial from my past client and I send a request for a Endorsements but the client didn't receive any mail from Upwork. 

Hi Farhad,

Thank you for your message. Could you please ask the client to search for the words “has requested a reference” in their inbox to see if it went to their spam folder?

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Sir, 

Thank you for your response. I asked the client to check the search for the words “has requested a reference” and spam inbox but he didn't receive any mail from upwork. 

Kind regards
Farhad Kabir

Hi Farhad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,
I am having the same issue.. My client said there is no email from Upwork for a reference request. Can you please assist me in that matter..

Thanks!

Hi Farhan,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f4c514a5
Community Member

Hello! I requested a review from my ex-client. I see the status "Your testimonial request is awaiting Nikita's response" but the request did not come to him. Nikita said that he did not receive a letter in the mail. Why? I know that I entered his Linkedin and his email correctly.

Hi Darya,

Could you please confirm if your client has checked their junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there?

~Andrea
Upwork
f4c514a5
Community Member

The email is nowhere to be found, not even in the spam folder.
I'm trying to send a review request again, but Upwork says "you've already sent this person a request".

I also wrote to other clients (Preston and Daria). They also did not receive invitations (there are no letters in the spam folder). what should I do? The system doesn't seem to let me send invites.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Darya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
grafikgerm
Community Member

Hey!
I'm trying to send a testimonial request but this error says "It looks like you've already sent a request to this person" even though it's my new client. How can I fix this problem?

Hi Junaid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ejzasghar
Community Member

Hello, I sent a testimonial request to a past client outside of upwork, using the option available in my profile. I sent the request twice because the first one didn't appeared in his email, the second one was found there and he accepted the request and submitted the testimonial, now the problem is I cannot see any testimonial, neither i got any email or notification. furthermore, i cannot request another testimonial, I tried clicking on request a testimonial and it is showing any form. Can anyone please help solving this issue? Thanks

Hi Ejaz,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f6b2e0d7
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I had made a request for testimony from an old Linkedin client, but somehow she has not received any email.
Could you please help resending it, Thank you.

Hardik

Hi Hardik,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
98a61f53
Community Member

Hi guys,

I recently did some work for someone outside of upwork and sent them a testemonial request but they have not recieved it in their emails or junk folder? 

Is it possible to resend the request? 

Thanks

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please confirm if they’ve checked their junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there? They may also try whitelisting or allowing emails from Upwork so that their email provider doesn't filter them out. Please let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork
yousuf-jamal
Community Member

I had requested a client to write a testimonial on November 1, 2022, but he hadn't received any email yet. The email address is correct. Any one guide me to the solution?

Message them in Upwork or call them.

I did but he didn't receive anything from Upwork. We are working on a project for a couple of months. 

Hi Yousuf,

Once you’ve submitted the Testimonial request, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. If your client is having trouble locating our email, please confirm that they’ve checked their junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there. They may also try whitelisting or allowing emails from Upwork so that their email provider doesn't filter them out. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Sure... I requested and he checked his spam folder. The client is thoroughly professional he understands the process. 

67c5d7f4
Community Member

Hi.

Yesterday, I sent a testimonial request to a client who worked with me on upwork direct contracts.
But the client says he has not received an request email yet.
FYI, he also checked the spam folder.

Does it take a while for the client to receive the testimonial request email?
If so, how long will it take?

Regards.
Goh.

Hi Goh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, Pradeep.

Thanks for your kind reply.

I have checked the  requests page but  there is no opened support ticket yet.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Does it take time to open the support ticket?

Regards.

Goh.

ebb9f1d9
Community Member

Hi, I worked for a client before joining Upwork. After joining Upwork, my project with the client was closed with the best reviews. I sent him a testimonial request last week, but he did not receive the request in his email. I am unable to send him a request again. Please assist me in figuring it out. thanks.

Hi Asifa,

Let us know if you still need further assistance after reaching out to the client and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4361440a
Community Member

Hi! I sent three testimonial requests last year (December 12, 2022). Last month, i contacted the two past clients i sent the requests to and they said they never received an email for a testimonial request from Upwork. They even checked their spam and junk mail folders, but the request wasn't there. Conversely, one request was received and it was posted a few days past the regular time period that Upwork states (ten day+). Is there any way i can resend my request? Thanks.

Hi,
Feel sad that your client didnt recieved your testimonial request and there would be one reason is that upwork didnt approval your request thats why your client didnt recieved that. There is heavy loads of testimonial request and when you submit request then upwork will required 10 days for approval and if upwork approve then your client got email and if upwork didnt approved that your client wont be get email. You can talk upwork support as well regarding this issue.

Hi Antonio,

I am sorry to hear about your client did not receive the testimonial requests. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H.

I checked the the support ticket link and it says, "no requests found."  I'm guessing i'll have to wait for an agent before checking my support ticket request?

Hi Antonio,

In general, our support team reaches out within 24-48 hours but due to a higher number of contacts than usual, we experience delays. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
danielaguzm1997
Community Member

Hi! I sent a testimonial request to 2 of my non-upwork clients and both of them haven't received anything. They checked their junk/spam folder already but they could not find it. Can you help me with this? I'm trying to build my profile! Thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths