🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client didn't after job proposal
Page options
ashima1906
Community Member

Client didn't after job proposal

Hi,

I received a job offer realated to my profile.

That job's suit me perfectly, so I accepted offer immediately & it's reflect in my jobs.

But client didn't show after job.

I have messaged also my client to schedule a discussion but there is no response from client since 3 days.

What should I do now?

Thanks & Regards

Ashima

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Ashima G wrote:

Hi,

That job's suit me perfectly, so I accepted offer immediately & it's reflect in my jobs.

I have messaged also my client to schedule a discussion but there is no response from client since 3 days.

What should I do now?

Thanks & Regards

Ashima

Do not spam the client. Move on, but do not close the contract at this point.

Next time do not accept a job until you have everything you need to start working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Ashima G wrote:

Hi,

What should I do now?

Thanks & Regards

Ashima

Do not spam the client. Move on, but do not close the contract at this point.

Next time do not accept a job until you have everything you need to start working.

richard_wein
Community Member

Hi Ashima. It sounds like you received this job offer out of the blue, without submitting a proposal. I've had a few of those, usually from clients who are new to Upwork and don't know how it works. I never accept such job offers immediately. I always insist on discussing the job first, the same as I would if I'd made a proposal. I only accept the job in about half of these cases, and even then the job offer may have expired by the time I'm ready to accept, in which case the client can just send me another one. 

Anyway, 3 days is not very long, so I wouldn't worry about it yet. Give the client some more time.

I agree with the excellent advice from Jennifer and Richard.

I think most freelancers are hesitant to accept a direct hire offer without any prior discussion with a client. The truth of the matter is that such offers are rare. BUT: They ARE possible.

The only time I would accept such an offer is if the job description was so complete that I knew I could start on the job and do it without any additional discussion with the client.

If that is not the case, then of course the freelancer would want to not accept the job offer, but if interested, she could use her response to tell the client that she is interested, but would need to ask some questions first.

Even when a job offer is not a direct hire offer, but is an offer that comes after some "interview" period, it is important for the freelancer to make sure she has all the information necessary to complete the task (for fixed-price contracts) or to log at least ten minutes of time (for hourly contracts). Otherwise the freelancer risks having a zero-pay contract.

Thanks Richard,

Everyone's answer was useful.

My client shows up now & was busy with other priority works.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths