🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client didn't approved the milestone (Fixed P...
Page options
a470e921
Community Member

Client didn't approved the milestone (Fixed Price Project)

A client approached me on July 04, 2021 and asked me for an assignment. I requested her to transfer money into Escrow account, enabling me to start working. which she did. However, after I submitted the workings she did not approved the milestone. Moreover, since then she is offline. I requested her to approve the submissions, however, did not get any response from her. Would be grateful if someone may guide me the way forward.

Kind Regards,

Kamran Ali

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client didn't approved the milestone (Fixed Price Project)"

Clients DO NOT NEED to manually approve milestones.

As a freelancer working on fixed-price contracts, I get paid AUTOMATICALLY.

As soon as I finish the work, I click the "Submit Work for Payment" button.

I do not send any messages. I just click the button.

If the client is offline, that is fine.

If the client does nothing, that is fine.

re: "I submitted the workings she did not approved the milestone. Moreover, since then she is offline. I requested her to approve the submissions, however, did not get any response from her. Would be grateful if someone may guide me the way forward."

Stop sending messages and requests. I never send any.

You will get paid AUTOMATICALLY 14 days after you click the Submit button. Click it only ONCE. If you click it again, it restarts the countdown clock.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client didn't approved the milestone (Fixed Price Project)"

Clients DO NOT NEED to manually approve milestones.

As a freelancer working on fixed-price contracts, I get paid AUTOMATICALLY.

As soon as I finish the work, I click the "Submit Work for Payment" button.

I do not send any messages. I just click the button.

If the client is offline, that is fine.

If the client does nothing, that is fine.

re: "I submitted the workings she did not approved the milestone. Moreover, since then she is offline. I requested her to approve the submissions, however, did not get any response from her. Would be grateful if someone may guide me the way forward."

Stop sending messages and requests. I never send any.

You will get paid AUTOMATICALLY 14 days after you click the Submit button. Click it only ONCE. If you click it again, it restarts the countdown clock.

Preston, Thanks for the prompt response.

Ok, Agreed. I will wait for 14 days. It seems like she would not end the contract. Now the question arises, whether it will impact my JSS, in case of open (inactive) Contract.

Thanks 

re: "I will wait for 14 days. It seems like she would not end the contract. Now the question arises, whether it will impact my JSS, in case of open (inactive) Contract."

We used to worry about that.

We used to talk about the negative JSS impact of having a dormant/inactive contract, and the negative impact from a contract closed without client feedback.

But JSS rules have changed.

Those things won't hurt your JSS.

So don't worry about it.

After you receive your money automatically, if you don't think the client is going to return soon to leave positive feedback for you, then simply close the contract yourself.

Preston, Thanks for the response.

One last question: in that scenerio, what happens if I leave a positive feed back and the client do exact opposite thing. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members