🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client didn't fully funded.
Page options
66c44ee3
Community Member

Client didn't fully funded.

Hi, my client has just funded 10$ in escrow. We agreed on 340$ . What should I do? Should I start working. She said that she would fund it fully after getting the work done as her money would get stuck If I didn't get to complete the work. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We didn't agree on milestones. It's one time job, can't be delivered into parts. 

Client : i am sending u the contract, will fund it when you get WL. else my money gets stuck if u dont get WL. thats standard practice and ur protected by upwork if u win WL so dw.

Me: After the freelancer submits the work, you have the option to approve the project or request changes. The funds are not released to the freelancer until you approve the project and if you are not satisfied you can also request for refund. 

Client: yea but it still holds my funds till then,whichi dont want. 

What should I say to her now? 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sofia2008
Community Member

Never start working unless the project is fully funded. If you are working on multiple milestones, only provide work for the value of the milestone.

Does that client have good reviews? Starting with a mindset like that does not look good.

We didn't agree on milestones. It's one time job, can't be delivered into parts. 

Client : i am sending u the contract, will fund it when you get WL. else my money gets stuck if u dont get WL. thats standard practice and ur protected by upwork if u win WL so dw.

Me: After the freelancer submits the work, you have the option to approve the project or request changes. The funds are not released to the freelancer until you approve the project and if you are not satisfied you can also request for refund. 

Client: yea but it still holds my funds till then,whichi dont want. 

Aliza A wrote:

That's simply not true. You are NOT protected by Upwork if you work on an unfunded milestone. If the project can't be split up into milestones, then your client needs to fund the full amount. (I don't even know what "WL so dw" means, but I firmly believe that intelligent, professional people don't write "u" and "ur" when sending messages. I would have declined working with this person on that basis alone.)

Aliza A wrote:

I would tell this client that unfortunately, I won't be able to work on her project. Did you already accept it? If not, I would withdraw my bid and block her.

Yes, I already accepted it. Thank you for letting me know. 

From now on, you should check that the project is properly funded before you accept. Now she'll be in a position to leave a bad review, but I would absolutely not start working until she funds the whole project. What you told her was 100% correct, so don't let her bully you into working for $10; Upwork can't and won't do anything to help you if you go ahead with this.

I ended the contract myself. Yes, I will make sure to check before accepting. Thank you for your help. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members