🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client didn't leave me a feedback. Upwork, co...
Page options
nitay1998
Community Member

Client didn't leave me a feedback. Upwork, could you send him an Email?

Hi, my name is Nitay **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

I have a Client named **Edited for Community Guidelines**, which I submitted his milestone and he approved it.
Now however, he doesn't answer my messages about ending the contract and more importantly, about leaving me a feedback.

I want to ask the support team and Upwork to assist me as I am sure you care about me a freelancer on your platform and wouldn't mind sending him a short Email about our contract and that I wish to end it and tell him about a few improvements to my work.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nitay L wrote:
Then a person such as the one I described could have 100% JSS even if in one of those five contracts he was paid on he didn't get feedback?

Yes, of course.

You just don't want too many of those.

But don't forget that public feedback is only part of the story...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Unrelated to your question: in your profile you state you worked in a number of fields and did various jobs on upwork, but your work history shows only 2 jobs. That would confuse me to no end if I were a potential client. 

Point noted. I changed my profile to be more accurate. Thanks Martina
tlbp
Community Member

You should understand that the most important part of freelancing is getting paid, not getting feedback.

If the client isn't responding and you believe that he will not send you more work, close the contract. Don't be a mosquito buzzing around your client's ear. The more times you message the client asking them to do something for you, the more likely it is that he will become annoyed and leave you bad feedback. 

petra_r
Community Member

Nitay L wrote:

I have a Client named **Edited for Community Guidelines**, which I submitted his milestone and he approved it.
Now however, he doesn't answer my messages about ending the contract and more importantly, about leaving me a feedback.

So? Leave it open, or, if it has been open for months, close it yourself.

Nitay L wrote:

I want to ask the support team and Upwork to assist me as I am sure you care about me a freelancer on your platform and wouldn't mind sending him a short Email about our contract and that I wish to end it and tell him about a few improvements to my work.

Absolutely not. That is NOT what they are there for. Stop harassing the client and certainly don't try getting Upwork to harass him even more.  That could backfire spectacularly because a client who was hounded like that might well leave feedback that you really won't like.

What do you mean "a few improvements to your work?" - Once work was submitted, the time for "a few improvements" is well and truly over.

1. He approved my work after reviewing it. However I found that he didn't used my translation in the right place / right direction(RTL), therefore I wanted to point that out to him as a friendly advice. Is that wrong?

2. As you all know, Not getting feedback on Upwork hurts the freelancer and his JSS, that's why the subject is important to me and all other freelancer on the platform that need to fight this concern all the time...
I do not want to annoy my client and understands that next time I should point the importance of feedback he could give me.

Since I didn't remind him that I made a mistake and only asks nicely if the support team could In a one time request send him an email for me.

Nitay L wrote:

2. As you all know, Not getting feedback on Upwork hurts the freelancer and his JSS,

No. It does not. (only if no money was paid and / or you have a lot of such contracts.)

Nitay L wrote:

Since I didn't remind him that I made a mistake and only asks nicely if the support team could In a one time request send him an email for me.

It is not Upwork's job to hassle your client for you. Leave it be and leave the client alone.

If I understand correctly, after completing 5 jobs, 4 with high feedback and one without feedback at all. I will have 90% JSS. Am I worng?

Nitay L wrote:
If I understand correctly, after completing 5 jobs, 4 with high feedback and one without feedback at all. I will have 90% JSS. Am I worng?

Yes, you are wrong.

Once again, the occasional contract without feedback has absolutely no effect on your JSS.

Only contracts where nothing was ever paid and there is no or poor feedback, plus contracts with poor public and / or private feedback have a negative effect on your JSS.

Then a person such as the one I described could have 100% JSS even if in one of those five contracts he was paid on he didn't get feedback?

Nitay L wrote:

Yes, of course.

You just don't want too many of those.

But don't forget that public feedback is only part of the story...

I see. Well, in that case it ain't so bad. Thank you very much for the quick response. Sorry if I was a bit slow to understand.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members