Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client didn't pay... No response

yasirazeem77
Yasir A Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
1 of 12

Hello guys,

I got hired on a minor project about 6 weeks ago. Client needed that task to be completed urgently, so I finished it and send him the file. He said it looks good and accepted the work.

But didn't approve the milestone nor he ended the contract. 

What do I do now? Every feedback matters to me. 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 12

Did you submit the work through the actual job "Submit/Request Payment"?

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
yasirazeem77
Yasir A Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
3 of 12

Yes, I did. About a week ago. And I know that I will be paid 14 days after that. But this is not what I wanted.

A client should have the courtesy to complete the project as it should be.

Upwork is strict on feedbacks and ratings which client give. It will be a loss to my JSS

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 12

Maybe you might reach out to your client again, ask him if he needs anything else completed and kindly to close the contract that you have already completed. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 12

re: "Yes, I did. About a week ago. And I know that I will be paid 14 days after that. But this is not what I wanted."

This is not what you wanted?

Well, this is how it works.

Wait one more week and you'll get paid.

If you delivered the project 6 weeks ago, why did you wait 5 weeks before using the Submit Milestone button?

You could have been paid 4 weeks ago.

nestonyabz
Ernest O Member Since: Sep 18, 2016
6 of 12

as long as you have the contract that you had agreed you may well visit the nearest polis station or your lawyer for further advise.there is chances you may proceed to court and you will be compensated plus the damages.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
7 of 12

"as long as you have the contract that you had agreed you may well visit the nearest polis station or your lawyer for further advise.there is chances you may proceed to court and you will be compensated plus the damages."

What on earth are you talking about??  He did the work, he's going to get paid, just not as soon as he hoped.  Why would you talk about courts and damages?  He has no damages.  Go troll under somebody's else's bridge.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
8 of 12

Mary, I think that reply was meant to be funny as the OP is more worried about feedback then she is about getting paid. (I thought his remark was rather funny., but that's my opinion.)

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 12

@Ernest O wrote:

as long as you have the contract that you had agreed you may well visit the nearest polis station or your lawyer for further advise.there is chances you may proceed to court and you will be compensated plus the damages.

???

The OP is about to be paid. Their actual complaint (which is slightly different to the subject of the thread) is that the client hasn't paid before the standard review period is up, and hasn't closed the contract or left feedback. Neither of those things are required by Upwork ToS and certainly aren't against the law. Exactly what should the OP be compensated for???

*boggle*

EDIT: Kathy, our posts crossed. I guess that's possible? But I didn't interpret it that way either and the person has no other posts on which to judge them.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
10 of 12

Ernest - I don't want to get off topic, but I'm really curious about a few things and hopefully you can clear them up for me.

1. How can a profile with no picture and well, absolutly nothing in your profile is allowed to post here?

2. Can you explain how Kenya is only 3 hours BEHIND EST?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS