🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client didn't pay
Page options
andres-axle_ivan
Community Member

Client didn't pay

The client didn't pay the invoice this week. I think I am qualified for the hourly protection, except I failed to add memos. 😔 What will happen next? This is so concerning.

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

You will be covered with protection, or not. You cannot do anything. Wait for progress.

JoanneP

Hi Axle Ivan,

I checked your account, and it looks like the contract you're referring to is currently paused. Our team is currently reviewing your client's account. While the contract is paused, you won't be able to bill that client and should stop any work on the project until the contract is resumed. 

You can still message your client on Upwork when contracts are paused. We recommend that you contact your client as soon as possible to find out when they expect the contract to resume. Even though contacting your client is a good idea for your relationship with the client and for your planning, don't resume working on the contract until you receive a notification from Upwork that the contract is reactivated.

~ Joanne
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

No memos means no protection.

You made a mistake.

The important thing is that you learned from your mistake and you will not make the same mistake again in the future.

andres-axle_ivan
Community Member

The client hired me on another upwork client account. Is this a red flag?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members