🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client disappeared + milestone and contra...
Page options
stefanfw
Community Member

Client disappeared + milestone and contract question

Hi, 

I have a question regarding a client. 

I got hired by a client who needed daily articles (news pieces). We got the contract going before we managed to discuss the milestone situation. And now he created one milestone for the whole 1-month project (30 articles in total). How should I proceed with this, as articles need to be submitted daily?

I asked the client to edit the milestone and split it into smaller ones. He said that he will do it but disappeared. 

I have already submitted two articles. He responded to the first one saying that it was 'perfect' but I haven't heard from him since. 

What to do?

Do contracts with no exchange of money affect my JSS?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Stefan,

Contracts without earnings will only affect your JSS if the client leaves negative feedback. Please know, you can request a partial release of the milestone payment, corresponding to the work you've completed so far. If your client doesn't respond to the milestone submission within 14 days, the funds are automatically released to you. Since active milestones can't be edited, this would allow your client to create multiple milestones using the funds left in Escrow, after the partial payment is made. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
stefanfw
Community Member

Thanks for your help, Andrea. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths