🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client disappeared without canceling the cont...
Page options
django_expert
Community Member

Client disappeared without canceling the contract

I did a task for my client and the client approved the milestone and after approving the milestone, my client said to me that, "and let's consider the project closed"

but he never ended the contract on Upwork due to which I lost my rising talent badge(I also submitting milestones late for other clients).

So question is that should I end the contract from my side and what will be the effect of it on my Upwork profile?

the client is active since 4th July.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Abubakar,

You do have the option to end the contract yourself. To end your contract, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to My Jobs
  2. Click the contract's title
  3. Select the (...) options menu
  4. Click End contract

Unless the client leaves negative feedback, ending the contract yourself won't affect your profile negatively.  You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
django_expert
Community Member

is there anyone who can guide me here, please?

JoanneP

Hi Abubakar,

You do have the option to end the contract yourself. To end your contract, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to My Jobs
  2. Click the contract's title
  3. Select the (...) options menu
  4. Click End contract

Unless the client leaves negative feedback, ending the contract yourself won't affect your profile negatively.  You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Abubakar A wrote:

I did a task for my client and the client approved the milestone and after approving the milestone, my client said to me that, "and let's consider the project closed"

but he never ended the contract on Upwork due to which I lost my rising talent badge(I also submitting milestones late for other clients).

So question is that should I end the contract from my side and what will be the effect of it on my Upwork profile?

the client is active since 4th July.

An open contract has no impact on rising talent or JSS.

an open contract means? which is not private?

Abubakar A wrote:

an open contract means? which is not private?

Not ended.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Abubakar:

He told you the project was finished.

That was a couple months ago.

Just close the contract yourself.

elim3136
Community Member

I don't know. My guess would be that the client was probably pissed and that was his or her way of being passive aggressive. I say him or her because I don't know the gender of your client. I also don't know who that person is. I think you should be more upfront about your expectations from clients. I also think that means you'll be awarded less projects. That's certainly beneficial to me but misleading people is not the way I do things. At least, not intentionally. My guess is, a lot of people are pissed off and they don't know why. Maybe it's feelings, who knows. That may be me projecting to much. Other people being passive aggressive with me because they know I don't care enough to ask what's wrong. I don't. I mean I don't actually care. So, I say it. It's always preoccuping but I need boundaries. I can't live without them. Again, talking about boundaries and for you, you probably need them to. Still talking about boundaries. Good luck.

Hi Elizabeth, maybe

you're right

Elizabeth J wrote:
I don't know. My guess would be that the client was probably pissed and that was his or her way of being passive aggressive. I say him or her because I don't know the gender of your client. I also don't know who that person is. I think you should be more upfront about your expectations from clients. I also think that means you'll be awarded less projects. That's certainly beneficial to me but misleading people is not the way I do things. At least, not intentionally. My guess is, a lot of people are pissed off and they don't know why. Maybe it's feelings, who knows. That may be me projecting to much. Other people being passive aggressive with me because they know I don't care enough to ask what's wrong. I don't. I mean I don't actually care. So, I say it. It's always preoccuping but I need boundaries. I can't live without them. Again, talking about boundaries and for you, you probably need them to. Still talking about boundaries. Good luck.

I disagree. I have perfectly wonderful clients who want to leave a contract open, and then it stays open for weeks or months. They might have no more work, they might have forgotten about it. I don't hold that against them. After a while I just close it myself. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members