🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client disappeared :(
Page options
4bc0d310
Community Member

Client disappeared :(

Hey, I need help.

I have one client who wrote me 1.5 months ago. I did work and sent to him. He said okay i like work but will back soon with feedback. Was the last time when he wrote me. Its fix contract 10$. He didn't send to me a milestone. I wrote to time hey, how are you? never answer. what can i do? i thought to end the contract but i am worrying if come back suddenly and write a bad review.

Also, i have a second client who paid 20$ and needs to paid 35 more. but disappeared 2 weeks about.

So, help me what can i do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So, help me what can I do?"

Learn how to use Upwork properly.

If a client "disappears" (to use your word) then I get paid all of the money he owes me automatically.

If you don't get paid automatically, then it means you used Upwork incorrectly.

This is your fault, not the client's fault.

re: "Also, i have a second client who paid 20$ and needs to paid 35 more. but disappeared 2 weeks about."

Then you have already been paid completely. Because 2 weeks is how long it takes for Upwork to release escrow money to you AUTOMATICALLY when a client disappears and does nothing.

Here is what happened:

I was hired with a fixed-price contract.

The client set up a $20 task. I did the work, and the client released $20 payment to me.

The client set up another task, a $35 task. He funded a $35 escrow payment for that task.

I did the task and clicked the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button.

The client did NOTHING. The client completely disappeared.

I waited for 2 weeks (14 days). Upwork released all of the money to me automatically.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So, help me what can I do?"

Learn how to use Upwork properly.

If a client "disappears" (to use your word) then I get paid all of the money he owes me automatically.

If you don't get paid automatically, then it means you used Upwork incorrectly.

This is your fault, not the client's fault.

re: "Also, i have a second client who paid 20$ and needs to paid 35 more. but disappeared 2 weeks about."

Then you have already been paid completely. Because 2 weeks is how long it takes for Upwork to release escrow money to you AUTOMATICALLY when a client disappears and does nothing.

Here is what happened:

I was hired with a fixed-price contract.

The client set up a $20 task. I did the work, and the client released $20 payment to me.

The client set up another task, a $35 task. He funded a $35 escrow payment for that task.

I did the task and clicked the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button.

The client did NOTHING. The client completely disappeared.

I waited for 2 weeks (14 days). Upwork released all of the money to me automatically.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members