🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client does not answer
Page options
arisayrkn
Community Member

Client does not answer

Hi, I did the job my client wanted and ended my contract as a succesfuly. We was always in texting until I finish our contract. He liked my work and said he would want it again. Has not answered my messages for 2 days after the last conversation. He still has not terminated the contract and did not approve the payment. I know it has more time, but I'm worried that if it doesn't close the contract and doesn't approve the payment, will my work be invalid. ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Baris,

Since this was an hourly contract, after a contract has ended the client has a review period and then funds will be available after a 5-day security hold. You can check the status of your payment by clicking on the 'Reports' tab and then clicking on 'Overview', funds for your work are currently in the Work in progress tab until Monday 12 noon UTC, when the Clients review period begins, that lasts until Friday at 23:59 UTC.  After the review period funds will be transferred to Available after the 5-days security hold. You can find more information about hourly payments here

Please note that by adding hours manually they do not qualify for payment protection. To learn more about payment protection see the article here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
emiguelina
Community Member

Baris A wrote:

Hi, I did the job my client wanted and ended my contract as a succesfuly. We was always in texting until I finish our contract. He liked my work and said he would want it again. Has not answered my messages for 2 days after the last conversation. He still has not terminated the contract and did not approve the payment. I know it has more time, but I'm worried that if it doesn't close the contract and doesn't approve the payment, will my work be invalid. ?

Clients have 14 days to review the work if nothing is done the payment is released automatically. Don't hurry to close the contract until you get paid FIRST otherwise you will send the money back.

Unfortunately, I ended the contract, but I marked the end of the contract successfully. btw I'm not the employer.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Baris,

Since this was an hourly contract, after a contract has ended the client has a review period and then funds will be available after a 5-day security hold. You can check the status of your payment by clicking on the 'Reports' tab and then clicking on 'Overview', funds for your work are currently in the Work in progress tab until Monday 12 noon UTC, when the Clients review period begins, that lasts until Friday at 23:59 UTC.  After the review period funds will be transferred to Available after the 5-days security hold. You can find more information about hourly payments here

Please note that by adding hours manually they do not qualify for payment protection. To learn more about payment protection see the article here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

re: "Client does not answer"

Clients are not obligated to answer. Freelancers get paid automatically whether or not clients answer.

re: "I'm worried that if it doesn't close the contract and doesn't approve the payment, will my work be invalid."

Clients do not "approve the payment" for hourly contracts. When you log time on an hourly contract, you are automatically paid for that time. The client does not need to do anything for that to happen.

Baris A wrote:

Unfortunately, I ended the contract, but I marked the end of the contract successfully. btw I'm not the employer.

You should let your clients end the contracts; marking yourself successful won't contribute positively to your JSS score. Two days of no communication is no reason to shut things down anyway; you don't know what's going on in your client's life and they might be busy or have a family emergency or some other perfectly good reason for not getting back to you straight away. 

Christine A wrote:

Baris A wrote:

You should let your clients end the contracts; marking yourself successful won't contribute positively to your JSS score. Two days of no communication is no reason to shut things down anyway; you don't know what's going on in your client's life and they might be busy or have a family emergency or some other perfectly good reason for not getting back to you straight away. 

"I know it has more time, but I'm worried that if it doesn't close the contract and doesn't approve the payment, will my work be invalid.?"

Yeah, I already mentioned that. I was just worried about what would happen if the all weekend wasn't answered. And I got the necessary answer.  Smiley Happy

Baris A wrote:

You got lucky, in that it was an hourly contract. If it was fixed price and you'd ended the contract before the client approved your payment, the money in escrow would have been returned to him. Don't take any more actions like that until you read up on how the system works.

Tiffany S wrote:

Baris A wrote:

You got lucky, in that it was an hourly contract. If it was fixed price and you'd ended the contract before the client approved your payment, the money in escrow would have been returned to him. Don't take any more actions like that until you read up on how the system works.

Definitely Smiley Tongue

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members