cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client does not follow Upwork work process

Ace Contributor
Stephen D Member Since: Aug 25, 2015
11 of 14

What I read from your experience is that the client is more likely afraid that your delivery is not save on Upwork.

There are a lot of freaks out there. A client that hired me yesterday terminated our project today without any communication when I asked him to provide access to data that is actually essential to do my work. It will probably hurt my job success rate, either by the ending reason or by a negative feedback or both. I am quite sure we cannot comment any feedback. So, just eat it and move on.

Chandresh L Member Since: Oct 14, 2015
12 of 14

It is sad to know that nothing can be done.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

They create platforms to ask people from developing country to work. People from developed country hire these freelancers for really cheap price. and then they behave like we some auto answering machine behind the screen. They should know that we are people using our resourses, time and valuable skills to deliver them work.

I just feel that there should be something.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
13 of 14

Hi Chandresh,

It’s unfortunate what happened with your client. I see you received a detailed reply on your support ticket about ending a contract and receiving feedback. 

I see your client already ended this contract, so I would advise you to leave and accurate and professional feedback for your client. Bear in mind that you also have the opportunity to respond to your client's feedback and offer a clarification or rebuttal.

I removed one of your comments and edited another, so please keep in mind our Community Guidelines in your future replies.

Chandresh L Member Since: Oct 14, 2015
14 of 14

Hi Vladimir, 

I think not many upwork users know about this. As I was suggested that nothing can be done.

Where can I find information about - responding feedback, clarification and rebuttal.

- What is clarification of feedback and rebuttal?

- What steps are involved?

- What conditions or terms are if a freelancer wish to have clarification or rebuttal of feedback given?

LInk to help/guide pages would be appreciated.

**Edit**

I found a link for reponding feedback

Summurising first paragraph - nothing can be done. This is like a joke, "Yeah, you can respond but actually you cant!"

Second link on Upwork support.

Says on the firstline, They do not check accuracy, means feedbacks can be inaccurate.

However these inaccurate feedbacks are very important for reputation.

I think other users know this already that nothing can be done. A disappointing fact.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS