cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client does not pay

hugo_menz
Active
Hi, I did a verified payment job and my client refuses to answer me or review the job, even if he is online. I resd the UPWORK payment protection, should I keep waiting? I dont know what should I do..I am new un this awesome community.Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
zohaumar
Community Leader

Hello Hugo,

Well, If you've successfully completed the job, and the cleint is not responding to your work review request, I suggest you navigate to "MY JOBS" option. There you will find the list of jobs you're working for. Under the specific job you want a payment of, there's a large green button saying "Submit Work/Request Payment". By clicking on it, you can request the payment, teh client will get a notification about it and even then if they don't accept the request, Upwork will review your work automatically in a few weeks and you'll get your money. 

So you don't need to worry. 🙂

Welcome to Upwork and the community. 

Hope you have a nice time here

Zoha

petra_r
Community Guru

@Hugo M wrote:
Hi, I did a verified payment job and my client refuses to answer me or review the job, even if he is online. I resd the UPWORK payment protection, should I keep waiting? I dont know what should I do..I am new un this awesome community.Thank you

Do you have a contract with that client and the job appears under your "My Jobs" tab?

Is it an hourly job and you tracked your time with the app?

Is it a fixed rate job, fully funded, and you used the "submit work and request payment" function to submit your work?

In that case you'll eventually get paid automatically, so stop harassing the client, who has (for fixed rate contracts) 14 days to review your work and ask for changes. If the client does nothing, you get paid whatever was funded 14 days after you submitted.

hugo_menz
Active
Thank you all, you asked my question. Then I will wait. Have a nice day
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hugo,

I see you already used the Milestone submission button a few days ago and need to wait for the funds to be automatically released to you 10 days from now, in case your client doesn't approve the release in the meantime or requests changes. Please check this Help article for more information.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS