🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client does not pay
Page options
942fd4bb
Community Member

Client does not pay

Please someone can help??

I am a new user of UpWork platform, so I started working on a proyect for a Client and I did not make any "Contract" as I did not know that I had to make it (sorry). Now the client doesnt pay and is unresponsive, after all the hours that I spent working for him.

I also sent a form to UpWork Team some days ago but I have not received yet any help/answer.

Someone can help please?

Thank you very much,

5 REPLIES 5
jr-translation
Community Member

Rosa B wrote:

Please someone can help??

I am a new user of UpWork platform, so I started working on a proyect for a Client and I did not make any "Contract" as I did not know that I had to make it (sorry). Now the client doesnt pay and is unresponsive, after all the hours that I spent working for him.

I also sent a form to UpWork Team some days ago but I have not received yet any help/answer.

Someone can help please?

Thank you very much,

There is nothing to be done. You worked without a contract and there is nothing Upwork or an freelancer in this forum can or will do for you. The best advice you can get is to do some more reading in the forum and get familiar with the ToS before sending out more proposals.
You should also keep in mind that your profile is there to sell yourself. Being an award winning personal assistant might be worth adding to the title.

petra_r
Community Member

Rosa B wrote:

Someone can help please?

There is nothing anyone can do if you decide to work without a contract. In fact, the client could not pay you even if they wanted to without a contract.

In future, don't do any work until you are properly hired and have a contract showing under "My Jobs"

942fd4bb
Community Member

Thank you for your answer.

I thought something like that when I found out that at UpWork I need to
make a "Contract"... but I thought that, even like that, the organizers of
UpWork could help me, as all the messages from the Client and mine can
serve as a proof and as, anyway, if the Client would have paid, they would
have got their commission.. sad ...

Thanks..

Rosa, the point here is that the client didn't pay. Nor did he/she make any commitment to pay. No pay, no money to you or the platform.

Perhaps learning some business basics would help most. If there is no monetary transaction, there is no business. Only charity.
942fd4bb
Community Member

Thanks Petra and Jennifer,

Hmm yes I have already learned that on UpWork you need to make the Contract first.

Thank you very much for your help, very useful!

Take care pls...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members