🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client does not show for tutor session
Page options
043c3d82
Community Member

Client does not show for tutor session

Hey guys! 

I would like to know if it is acceptable to still charge my full hour rate for a scheduled tutoring session with my client (usually 1-hour session) if they did not show up for our session and did not notify me that they cannot make it? I still set out that time in my schedule waiting, in which I could have tutored another client or done other work? 

Thank you for your help!
Kind regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shandre V wrote:

I would like to know if it is acceptable to still charge my full hour rate for a scheduled tutoring session with my client if they did not show up for our session and did not notify me that they cannot make it?

Is that agreed in your contract with the client?

Even if you had stipulated this in advance and the client agreed, the client could still dispute.

Shandre V wrote:

I still set out that time in my schedule waiting, in which I could have tutored another client or done other work?

But you weren't actually actively working on what you were hired for, which is the basis of Upwork's hourly protection.

You could have done other work while waiting for the client?

I'd also never wait an hour. I wait 5 minutes, 10 tops. Then I'm gone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Shandre V wrote:

I would like to know if it is acceptable to still charge my full hour rate for a scheduled tutoring session with my client if they did not show up for our session and did not notify me that they cannot make it?

Is that agreed in your contract with the client?

Even if you had stipulated this in advance and the client agreed, the client could still dispute.

Shandre V wrote:

I still set out that time in my schedule waiting, in which I could have tutored another client or done other work?

But you weren't actually actively working on what you were hired for, which is the basis of Upwork's hourly protection.

You could have done other work while waiting for the client?

I'd also never wait an hour. I wait 5 minutes, 10 tops. Then I'm gone.

tagrendy
Community Member

For hourly projects no, but you can use Consultation type of project for these types of situations and you'll get paid in case of no-show: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412150728851-Guidelines-for-Consultation-Projects

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members