Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client doesn't answer after I sent the files and request the payment

irenevond
Irina F Member Since: May 8, 2017
1 of 8
Hello,

I am having a problem with a client and hope you can help me.
For almost 1 week the client I work for, doesn't answer me anymore.
I sent him the files (a bit more than I should have sem5 )for the milestone 1. He answered me after I sent them, saying he is exited to see the work. And than that he can't open the files (.jpg format). Since than I have no answer from him and it's been 6 days already.
I was a bit suspicious from the begining, because he offered a very very small price for the work and after that he easily agreed with my price.
Now I am worried he just took the ideas (it Is a product design idea) and doesn't want to pay me for it.
How am I supposed to proceed in this situation?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

If you used the "Submit work and request payment" button on the contract you will get paid 14 days after you (last) clicked on it even if the client was run over by a truck.

Clients have 14 days to review the work and request changes (if any)

This is assuming a fixed rate contract with a funded milestone, of course.

View solution in original post

boundtimemedia14
Ace Contributor
Stacy h Member Since: Jan 25, 2016
3 of 8

Hi Irina,

I'm still learning the ropes myself, but will offer what little advice I can.

Most of my clients take days to get back to me for the smallest things. So 6 days isn't really that long.

Do you have an active and funded contract in place? If the contract has been funded and you delivered the files if the client dissapears you will still get paid after requesting payment.

Never ever start a contract until it has been funded. My first job I ever did was on Elance, I dove right in and the guy took off with the work and I never got paid- lesson learned.

If you're really worried, I woud contact customer support- explain your situation and they will contact the client on your behalf- sometimes when the client sees that it's upwork contacting them, they move a little faster.

irenevond
4 of 8
Thank you very much for your answer.
I will wait a little bit more and than contact the customer service.
irenevond
5 of 8
I am dis a pointed because I offered him two designs options instead if one and it would be very rude to leave with them like that Smiley Sad
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

There is no need to contact Support. If the contract is funded you get paid 14 days after you clicked on "Submit work and request payment" which presumably you have done.

If the contract isn't funded then contacting Support will not change that fact.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 8

Maybe I'm missing something, but you seem to be saying that the last contact you had from the client was a message saying he was unable to open the files. Wouldn't that put the ball in your court?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

Please don't contact customer support. Their intended role is not to answer basic questions about how the system works. You can read Help section documents or ask questions here.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS