🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client doesn't answer
Page options
oleksakrasnova
Community Member

Client doesn't answer

Hello!

I need an advice.
I have fixed price contract and it lasts more than 2 months. I submitted the job and already got the money. The client answers very rarely.
Now the job is in progress and I didn't hear the client more than a week. What can I do in this case? How can I finished the job?

Thank you for a answer,
Oleksandra
14 REPLIES 14
prestonhunter
Community Member

Okeksandra:

Clients are not obligated to answer or respond to freelancers. That's okay!

You said that you already SUBMITTED THE JOB and you ALREADY GOT THE MONEY.

Why do you want the client to respond to you or answer?

If you already submitted the job, and you were already paid for it, then what more is there?

I submitted the job and then client didn't answer for 2 weeks.
Than client asked to do some changes and promised to answer quicker. I did all changes and submitted the job second time.
And now I'm waiting for the client's answer already 8 days.

The job status is "job in progress". And I want to close it.

I worried to get a negative feedback from client since I don't want to re-do this job million time (to do any changes required from me to re-read more than 100 blogs from the beginning).

If you have done everything the client asked you to do, why are you worried about negative feedback?

Because the client can ask to do some changes one more time.

It's easy to redo if I will do it in one-two days when I still remember everything.
And I wrote it to the client. But to do any changes in two weeks - it's mean to do everything from the beginning. I did it already four times. Just imagine, I have 147 links to the travel blogs and to re-read it takes in average 7-10 minutes each link.

So I want to get an advice what I can do in this situation.

Thanks

Spoiler

It's actually worse than you think when this happens.  If the client doesn't close the job, you get affected on your feedback which is equivalent to giving you less than 1 star. 

In my case.  My rating is nearly perfect, except for a job not closed for OVER 2 years...so my profile shows an 89% rating.  It REALLY affects you and their's NOTHING you can do about it.  

Upwork won't do anything to help with this and this client NEVER ANSWERS.

Steven H wrote:
Spoiler

It's actually worse than you think when this happens.  If the client doesn't close the job, you get affected on your feedback which is equivalent to giving you less than 1 star. 

Nonsense.

----------------------

Steven H. -- That is not true. What are you talking about? I have several contracts closed with no feedback given. It only affects your JSS if you have quote a lot of contracts without feedback. A contract closed with NO payment affects your JSS. 

And it doesn't matter if the freelancers closes the contract or the client, if the client is going to give you negative feedback, they are going to do that no matter who closes the contract. It's always best that a client close the contract, because then they HAVE to leave feedback. They can't close a contract without leaving feedback. 

In this case it looks like scope creep is going on. How long is the OP supposed to wait for endless edits?   The OP should ask the client to close the contract by XX and if that doesn't happen she should close it herself. If the client wants endless edits, they can hire her on an hourly bases whenever those edits come up. 

My JSS was 100 and in one time it started to be 88. I'm a new in Upwork and I have quite small amount of the projects. All clients gave me a good feedback and I didn't understand the reason of such JSS. So I thought it is because of the Job in progress for 2 months. Are you sure that such a long hob in progress can't react on JSS?

I ended the contact 1 month ago. But it is still in progress. So I can do nothing?

Oleksandra K wrote:

Are you sure that such a long hob in progress can't react on JSS?

It can't, provided some money was at some point paid and you don't have too many such contracts, which you do not.

Oleksandra K wrote:

I ended the contact 1 month ago. But it is still in progress. So I can do nothing?

Which is it? Either you ended the contract (in which case it is closed) or it is still in progress?

tlbp
Community Member

Do you suppose she ended the contract without getting paid? I can't figure out what OP is talking about. But on her profile page, there are no jobs in progress. So, the only way for her to have a jip is for it to be one on which no money has been paid. So confused...

petra_r
Community Member

Tonya P wrote:

Do you suppose she ended the contract without getting paid? I can't figure out what OP is talking about. But on her profile page, there are no jobs in progress. So, the only way for her to have a jip is for it to be one on which no money has been paid. So confused...

She did originally say that she was paid already. All totally confusing.

Sorry for confusing.
Today the client ended the contract without any feedback about submitted PPT.
So I will wait what he wrote in public feedback.

"...if that doesn't happen she should close it herself. If the client wants endless edits, they can hire her on an hourly bases whenever those edits come up."
But I finished the contract and submitted the job about 3-4 weeks ago, In 2 weeks I got the payment and the job was still in progress. I don't know how it was possible.

Oleksandra K wrote:
"...if that doesn't happen she should close it herself. If the client wants endless edits, they can hire her on an hourly bases whenever those edits come up."
But I finished the contract and submitted the job about 3-4 weeks ago, In 2 weeks I got the payment and the job was still in progress. I don't know how it was possible.

-----------------

Once you get paid, AND the job is still open, (mening no one has closed the contract yet) it will show on your profile as "in progress". I do not see any job showing as, "in progress" on your profile. The most recent job shown shows no feedback. 

So, as it looks, you completed your work. Delivered it by clicking on the Submit Work/Request Payment button. The client never responded so 14 days later the escrowed funds were automatically released by you. Since the client wasn't responding, you closed the contract. And at this point, all is good. It's showing as a closed contract with payment, no feedback given on your profile. And that is the end of that job, (completed sucessfully, no feedback given) 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths