Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client doesn't answer

sbrnl
Ace Contributor
Sabrina L Member Since: Jul 26, 2017
1 of 5

Hi everyone!

I've started a  pretty nice illustration project, we finished the first milestone (draft) and now I'm stuck in the second one for over a month. For this instance the client is taking too much  time to reply, keeps answering the same stuff over and over again, doesn't read my answers or questions, so I cannot continue with the changes. This is really annoying, I cannot finish the job and of course I'm starting to lose money.  We also agreed a timeframe for the project: it's supposed to finish in november.  Can I start a dispute for a situation like this?
Thanks.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
sbrnl
Ace Contributor
Sabrina L Member Since: Jul 26, 2017
3 of 5

Thanks Phyllis, do you know where can I start a dispute?

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
4 of 5

Go look in the Help and Support section. I don't work here, I just come here when I'm waiting for something to print or taking a break or otherwise procrastinating.

I will offer this, for whatever you think it's worth: Don't burn a bridge if you can avoid it. Consider making room for the possibility that the client is contending with some challenge at work or at home that has nothing to do with your project but undermines her ability to engage with you appropriately right now. If that's the case, then starting a dispute is not going to help, whereas exercising some patience might do. Can you just put it on the back burner for a bit, and see if things improve after the holidays? If so, then send her a message letting her know you're suspending activity until she has a chance to re-engage. Be clear but generous in how you articulate it. Give her room to respond without losing face and don't provoke her unncessarily.

The path to the bank is paved with deep breaths taken while clinging to the high road.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 5

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this message. I checked this for you and you have communicated with your client during the previous week and your milestone is funded. Please, consider communicating with the client and clarify the situation before you decide to dispute. To learn more about disputes check out this Thread

I hope this helped. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS