🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client doesn't give me additional tasks a...
Page options
zahara_
Community Member

Client doesn't give me additional tasks and just doesn't answer my messages

Client hired me for 20 h/max in a week, and the first week I have completed my work for 11.30 h, and asked him to provide me additional work if he is satisfyies, he said that he is satisfied. Client was texting me everyday nearly for a week that he is unable to call me today, and lets leave it for tomorrow. so for almost 1 week I have no task from him. How should I act in this kind of situation? and does it affect my account score?(the fact that I have active contract, but client doesn't provide me additional work). 

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Ekaterina Z wrote:

How should I act in this kind of situation? and does it affect my account score?(the fact that I have active contract, but client doesn't provide me additional work). 

For a client the beauty of a freelancer is that he or she can scale the use of the freelancer any which way they like and how their business demands allow.

There is nothing for you to act on.

No, it does not affect your account score (presumably you mean your JSS) at all.

zahara_
Community Member

thank you for quick responce.

arturo73
Community Member

Hello Ekaterina

That just happens all the time

A few months ago I realized I had more than 10 "sleeping contracts"

Of clients that appear and desappear

I´m not sure this is the best option, but what I do is just leave the contract that way, send a friendly reminders each month

Some clients just come back within a few weeks or months. some other never show up again

Keep in mind that if you already have a runing contract it is much more easy for the client to give you more work later

zahara_
Community Member

Thanks a lot! But even though the contract is "sleeping" customer is obligated to pay, in the time frame of 3 weeks after the work was done, right? 

re: "But even though the contract is "sleeping" customer is obligated to pay, in the time frame of 3 weeks after the work was done, right?"

The client's credit card is charged automatically.

It doesn't matter if he does anything or is sleeping or if he is stranded on the moon without Internet access. This is an hourly contract, so you get paid automatically based on the time that you log.

But the client is not obligated to assign you any tasks. If the client has not asked you to do something, then don't do anything, and don't log time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths