🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client doesn't like work but has zero reviews...
Page options
motz-workman
Community Member

Client doesn't like work but has zero reviews from freelancers. (new to Upwork.)

Hi,

Ive Put together for a client a testemonial video, using an actress I sourced and paid for. The client believes that the actress has no charisma. The brief has been completed to all his requests and this is totally subjective. And I believe the end product he is recieving is worth the money he put into the project. I believe his expectations are sky high for what he has put into the project. In any other scenario this would at least be a job that was worth double the money. I have 3 jobs completed all with satasfied clients and I plan on continuing that with 5 star reviews. 

What are my options with dealing with this person? I have asked If we could talk things through to manage expectations but he has gone radio silent. He is a new client on Upwork and hasnt had any reviews and Im the first freelancer he has worked with. My question is, If he leaves me a bad review is there anything I can do about it? Other wise I might not be able to recover my rating as the job is worth all the other jobs I have done combined money wise on upwork. Its frustrating that it feels like freelancers arnt really protected as well as they should be, especially from first time clients that have no track record, and for all I know could continually make new accounts. Please advise. thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

Motz W wrote:

Hi,

Ive Put together for a client a testemonial video, using an actress I sourced and paid for. The client believes that the actress has no charisma. The brief has been completed to all his requests and this is totally subjective. And I believe the end product he is recieving is worth the money he put into the project. I believe his expectations are sky high for what he has put into the project. In any other scenario this would at least be a job that was worth double the money. I have 3 jobs completed all with satasfied clients and I plan on continuing that with 5 star reviews. 

What are my options with dealing with this person? I have asked If we could talk things through to manage expectations but he has gone radio silent. He is a new client on Upwork and hasnt had any reviews and Im the first freelancer he has worked with. My question is, If he leaves me a bad review is there anything I can do about it? Other wise I might not be able to recover my rating as the job is worth all the other jobs I have done combined money wise on upwork. Its frustrating that it feels like freelancers arnt really protected as well as they should be, especially from first time clients that have no track record, and for all I know could continually make new accounts. Please advise. thank you. 

These stories always start out the same way. Unless you are top rated with the perk available, no you can't do anything about it.

prestonhunter
Community Member

If he has gone radio silent, that is good.

Let us assume he will do nothing else. Here is what will happen:

You will click the submit button if you have not already done so.

You will not send him any other messages.

Upwork will release all remaining escrow money to you automatically.

You will close the contract.

No client feedback will be provided, which is fine.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths