🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client doesn't pay, please help
Page options
anokhina-maria
Community Member

Client doesn't pay, please help

Hi all, 

A got a problem with a client. I finished the work on what the clients replied "awesome, I am impressed".  I submitted the work for payment. Then he disappeared. I followed up and the client replied saying that he can't find a button to pay. On what I sent him a detailed instruction on how to pay a freelancer. Afterwards the client sends me a message asking to change the final work (that's after I submitted the final, he approved, and said he can't find a button!). I sent him an edited version - client desappeares. 

To me this whole strategy all looks like he just doens't want to pay. I've read on upwork protection rules that the payment released wtihin 14 days. I'm looking for guidance of what's better to do - wait 14 days with no actions? Resubmit the payment order? Complian to upwork about the client? 

Appreciate the community support. 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Maria A wrote:
I'm looking for guidance of what's better to do -
1) wait 14 days with no actions?
2) Resubmit the payment order?
3) Complian to upwork about the client?

Presumably there is a contract and a funded milestone?

1) Yes. The client has 14 days to check the work.  Then you get paid atomatically if the client does not click the "request changes" button.

2) Absolutely not, that will reset the 14 days (unless the client used the "request changes" function

3) There is nothing to complain about. The client has 14 days. Whilst most clients release funds before, there is no right to that.

Thanks for your reply, very helpful! 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you have. 

You`re right, after 14 days the funds will be released to you if no actions are taken from the client. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period.

To learn more about our fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran! The reason I asked to understand whether the 14 days is a subject to change depending on the sbmissions. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members