🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client doesn't pay
Page options
saritker
Community Member

Client doesn't pay

Hi, one client here sent me a task to do and still didn't pay me, what I can do? it's not fair I've spend DAYS working on it and still don't see that he wants to pay me.

7 REPLIES 7
michael_skaggs
Community Member

If you have an hourly contract and logged hours with the desktop app, you will be paid after the client review period, which comes at the end of the weekly pay period. Details can be found at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

If you have a fixed price contract, the client has 14 days to review the work and ask for changes. If they don't respond, then the money in escrow is automatically released after those 14 days.

If you don't have an active contract for the work you've done with this client (found under "My Jobs"), then you worked for free, and there's nothing that can be done.

What does it mean "an active" contract? how can I please check that?

He sent me an offer... and I accepted that...

Hello Sarit
open upwork at desktop browser/go to messages/click on the button of view contract (shown on right corner of ypur screen/ then you will see its a fix price project or hourly.

petra_r
Community Member

@Sarit K wrote:

He sent me an offer... and I accepted that...

Go to My Jobs > All Contracts

Do you see the contract there?

If yes, is it hourly or fixed price?

If hourly, did you use the tracker?

If fixed price, was it fully funded and did you submit the work through the "Submit work and request payment" button on the contract?

What do you see on Reports > Overview?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Hi, one client here sent me a task to do and still didn't pay me, what I can do?  She tells to make a deposit fees for transfer. it's not fair I've spend days working on it and still don't see that he wants to pay me. It was a personal contract. Plz some can tell me what to do. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Sarit, it sounds like you used Upwork improperly.

When freelancers use Upwork the right way, we get paid automatically.

You used Upwork before understanding the rules. That's okay!

Don't worry so much about getting paid for this project. What is important is that you learn from your mistakes so that you do not repeat the same mistakes in the future.

You need to talk to us and study until you fully understand what you did wrong.

As the previous poster said, the first things we need to figure out is if you have a FIXED-PRICE or HOURLY contract.

If you work with us, we may be able to help you get paid.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members