🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client doesn't want to pay the hours I wo...
Page options
michele_laporta
Community Member

Client doesn't want to pay the hours I worked

Started to work with this new client few days ago. All went smooth until client started to talk about fixed price while I applied for a hourly rate job.

Just found out the same job was advertised twice and I sent my proposal for the hourly one while the client persisted to talk about a fixed price one so low I would never applied. When we sent each other pictures of the job offers I found out the truth. Now I feel sorry for the client but problem is now client is telling me its boss will never pay me the hourly rate but I have already worked many hours and I want to be paid for the work I did as it should be.

Is there anything I can do to make sure I will receive the the amount I see in my contract currently ? Or I just need to wait the end of the week to let that money start to be processed ? Is there anything the client can do to prevent to pay me ? What can I do in that case ?

43 REPLIES 43

If I had a guess, he's talking about that room they create when a dispute is filed. Can't block those since it's an ongoing dispute and lots of times people have meltdowns in them. I just ignore the rants but I have a feeling this guy is probably still responding.

Never replied to her as soon as this situation started, also I didn't create a room indeed I blocked her on our chat, I mean the standard chat where freelance and client message, our dispute is closed. I was wondering since dispute about our contract is closed can the client open another one as she "is threaening" to do ?

What does mean CS ?

Just ignore her.

If he blocked the person, he shouldn't have to be ignoring her?

I'm suprised that during the course of Michele's thread at no point has someone from Upwork reached out to help.

I appreciate that we've only heard one side of the story, but they're quick enough to get involved with when there's a bit of 'bantz', but not when someone feels bullied, threatened and intimidated by a client (not to mention that they've pointed out that a feature of the site apparently isn't working for them)?

Thank you very much Richard, now it's late here I will contact again Upwork support tomorrow and let them know about this feature doesn't working

Actually I blocked the scammer for this but looks like the only difference now is I can message her no more unless I unblock her.

Honestly I don't know if this is more no sense or unfair since nothing changed on scammer side after I blocked. This person can comfortably and easily continue to send me refund requests disturbing me at her own pace, as she wishes to do.

I don't have to be forced to ignore this unpleasant, stubborn and out of control living being, I want this person must disappear from my sight, life, money and time. Wish would be a reasonable price suing this person overseas and fine them for all these harrassments, threats to my professional and private life and now even stalking, hopefully send to jail she and her accessory to the crime enough years to remember them for the rest of their lives what they dared to do. Client and situation she created got out of control since the beginning and I am still dealing with this after a month therefor they deserve an exemplary punishment to remember forever. On the other hand this would means other time and money I will dedicate to the scammer and this is an idea really I don't like it because they wasted enough time and energies from my side. We will see what will happen. For the moment I just want to know how I can block her for real.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members