cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client doesn't want to pay the hours I worked

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 44

How much do you think it would cost the client to file a lawsuit? If the boss won't pay for your hours, how is the client going to get him to pay for a lawyer? 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 44

Michele:

The client who hired you is WAY out of line in threatening to sue you, and in saying he doesn't want to pay you.

HOWEVER:
If you think something can be gained by offering a compromise... It isn't against Upwork's rules for you to do so.

You were the one who was talking to this client. You are the one who knows how much you worked and how much you were paid. You are the one who knows how much you want that money.

It isn't right for the client to try to avoid paying you. But if you think this client is really in a panic (not just playing you), and if you think it would make your life better to do so... then it is up to you if you want to consider showing this client some compassion and asking him if he would be willing to settle on paying an amount - somewhere between zero an 100% - that will make him feel better, and also work for you.

Ace Contributor
Michele L Member Since: Nov 12, 2018
13 of 44

This client is simply out of control : closed and losed the dispute she want to open another one and go ahead until she will refunded ! Is this something she can do ?

Honestly I am really fed up with this person and this behaviour, it already was and it's getting more and more and more offensive. Can I ask to close this person Upwork account showing the message where she says like that besides all the previous threats and mafia style harrassment ? Since this is what she wanted to do with mine. And just because I asked to be paid for my work ! Also what would change if I block her ? How can I ask her a refund to pay compensation for the non-material damage caused since she wanted to destroy my preofessional reputation and now I can't keep calm no more after all this and I want to destroy this person and raze her outraugeous behaviours ?

Moreover now she closed the contract and she can't wait to leave me a feedback in order to lower my 100% JSS, how preventing her untruthful feedback will appear on my account ?

What can I do to stop this person ?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 44

Michele L wrote:

This client is simply out of control : closed and losed the dispute she want to open another one and go ahead until she will refunded ! Is this something she can do ?

Honestly I am really fed up with this person and this behaviour, it already was and it's getting more and more and more offensive. Can I ask to close this person Upwork account showing the message where she says like that besides all the previous threats and mafia style harrassment ? Since this is what she wanted to do with mine. And just because I asked to be paid for my work ! Also what would change if I block her ? How can I ask her a refund to pay compensation for the non-material damage caused since she wanted to destroy my preofessional reputation and now I can't keep calm no more after all this and I want to destroy this person and raze her outraugeous behaviours ?

Moreover now she closed the contract and she can't wait to leave me a feedback in order to lower my 100% JSS, how preventing her untruthful feedback will appear on my account ?

You're top rated so you can just have the bad feedback removed. If she's already closed the contract, you can put in for it now and it'll never see the light of day. You can giggle to the fact that she ranted into the void. If you're lucky enough, she'll come here to rant about it. It will be good for dramacoin.

Ace Contributor
15 of 44

Yes she already closed the contract. How can I just have the bad feedback removed ? Btw as expected she already wrote her feedback, she can't wait to do that. I didn't understand what you mean for " you can put in for it now "

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 44

Michele L wrote:

Yes she already closed the contract. How can I just have the bad feedback removed ?

I have given you the link in my previous post. Stop engaging with her, block her in messages, and move on.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 44

Michele L wrote:

Moreover now she closed the contract and she can't wait to leave me a feedback in order to lower my 100% JSS, how preventing her untruthful feedback will appear on my account

Block her and use your top rated perk to eliminate her feedback from your JSS calculation and profile. (provided you have not used it in the last 3 months and 10 contracts.)

Stop engaging unless Upwork asks you to.

Ace Contributor
18 of 44

Just found out that perk. my fault, I didn't read all the perks I have access being one of the 100% JSS freelancers, where could I read the whole perk list please ?

So She closed our contract today. Once I block her what this scammer will be able to do or less about continue to asking refund, stalking and harrass me ? I didn't block her yet because I want to know what this monster is doing against me since it's so smart to send me messages about what she will be about to do and I am reading this like that meme on social media where there is Michael Jackson eating pop corns..

Ace Contributor
19 of 44

Sadly this wasn't the case to compromise, please read my update to discover how much limitles oultrageous the client is. Short long story this scammer will go ahead until I will give her all the money I earned for the work I did.

Do you realize how much this is no-sense. Do you realize this person must be stopped immediately because no one right in their mind would even only think that ? 

This person don't know how reality works, how Job works and I am paying for its huge, chronic, persistent and obstinate ignorance and will to taking advantage of me. How can I ask through upwork to gave a compensation non-material damages ?

Please help me understand how I can stop this parasite scammer. money and time thief.

I am fed up of all this.

Community Guru
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
20 of 44

Im not sure how old this thread is, but i assume you have been paid now as you say the contract is ended?

If it was me, i would use your perk to remove thier feedback and make sure you leave appropriate feedback for the client so other freelancers can be made aware - just stay to facts and dont get personal! (im not sure if the clients feedback will show if you remove theirs from your profile?)

Other than that i would personally forget about it. Unless they contact further, at which point i would advise them that if they wish to have further consultations they will need to start a new contract for $xx per hour!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS