Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client doesn't want to pay the hours I worked

Community Leader
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
21 of 44

Michele L wrote:

Sadly this wasn't the case to compromise, please read my update to discover how much limitles oultrageous the client is. Short long story this scammer will go ahead until I will give her all the money I earned for the work I did.

Do you realize how much this is no-sense. Do you realize this person must be stopped immediately because no one right in their mind would even only think that ? 

This person don't know how reality works, how Job works and I am paying for its huge, chronic, persistent and obstinate ignorance and will to taking advantage of me. How can I ask through upwork to gave a compensation non-material damages ?

Please help me understand how I can stop this parasite scammer. money and time thief.

I am fed up of all this.

Michele, stop letting this client make you feel this way - it's exactly what they want.

Petra and Jennifer have told you exactly what to do, follow their advice, block this deeply unpleasant individual and move on.

You do not owe them ANYTHING.

Ace Contributor
Michele L Member Since: Nov 12, 2018
22 of 44

Blocked this person, Actually I already feel better. Never in my life I dealt with such a strong will to take advantage of others and the fun fact this client introduced herself as an innocent girl ! I really didn't see that coming. Thank you guys for the precious help ! Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
23 of 44

re: "Never in my life I dealt with such a strong will to take advantage of others and the fun fact this client introduced herself as an innocent girl ! I really didn't see that coming."

One quickly gets to a point where it doesn't even make any economic sense for clients (or "clients") to do some of these weird things.

Clients who try to break the rules and cheat freelancers out of work and money with such gusto end up spending more time and money than if they simply worked within the system the way that Upwork intends.

So in situations like these, I am forced to assume that the client is not acting in ways that best benefit themselves or their businesses economically, but that they have crossed over into behavior based on other motivations: They are acting emotionally and seeking revenge. Or they have some kind of pastor/priest/rabbi complex and they want to teach a freelancer to "do the right thing." Or they simple derive pleasure out of bullying people.

[Speaking generally, of course, and not about the original poster's situation or any specific client.]

Ace Contributor
24 of 44

Fully agree, looked like I was the very first person in the life of this animal to tell her she was fully wrong and got it all wrong explaining why and I would like to point out I explained why from the very beginning and she switched instantly in a " Let's start a war Mode, now it's me VS you and nothing else matter " . So yes, definitely a deep rooted desire of vendetta, a morbid, unhealthy and obsessive desire of vendetta, something pathological, to use a metaphor like she remembered me when in horror movies people become flesh hungry zombies always trying to catch you for devuor you and the only thing to do then is shooting/beat them to the head. Coming back to reality, really this person was out of control at all and I am more then glad for stopped her thanks the help of everybody here too.

To me their parents spoiled her so much or she really for some other reason totally lacks a sense of being humble/empathy in her mind, like a black hole in her brain about this aspect because she really looks like one of those persons always looked to others from above, from a skyscraper last floor in her case, because she reacted like my words to be paid for the work I did were an intolerable shock to be punished in the most destructive and harmful way possible. Dream on baby.. Out of My Way now.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
25 of 44

Michele, it sounds like this was stressful and I'm sorry it happened, but this is kind of a lot of unnecessary drama, isn't it? In a world filled with child molesters and murderers, you want to call this woman an animal and compare her to flesh eating zombies because she made a mistake that left her in a bad spot with her boss and handled it badly?

Ace Contributor
26 of 44

Actually she lied even about the story on her boss. No boss would let him/herself be mocked as soon as I told him the truth about she lied to everyone and above all no boss start to harass and threat external people to the company like me if I wouldn't have to refund them at 100% because otherwise unpleasant consequences would happened starting from their will to destroy my professional reputation here on Upwork to potential threats to my private life. despite this by the way yes, mine was unecessary drama indeed I was replying to Preston H last comment that started to profile this scammer and I was interested to give my 2 cents as well. Because hopefully is loud and clear here it is not a matter of men and women but behaviour, the lack of basic rules of behaviours in front of such disrespectful, unthinking, inconsiderate and outraugeous behaviours against me from a professional and human point of view only because I politely let noticed the client their mistake was enough to punish me starting once again from making sure I will lost my business and there were threats potentially to my private life too. So after a month these persons go ahead despite everything wasting my time and energies for their whims you will understand I am human too therefor I could reach a boiling point as well, after a month keeping all inside me carefully therefor every once in a while I could use some term like that. I apologize if you were offended and I will avoid as I did so far basically, I just wanted to explain you in which context I said this, give you a bird view of the situation. I would never call no one like that for no reason. I won't start a war like they did but they really crossed the line and after a month all this goes ahead you will pardon me if sometimes I could call them like that, she and her(accomplice) "boss").

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
27 of 44

re: "it sounds like this was stressful and I'm sorry it happened, but this is kind of a lot of unnecessary drama, isn't it? ...because she made a mistake that left her in a bad spot with her boss and handled it badly?"

The original poster is talking about a client who repeatedly threatened suing a freelancer over work she hired him to do on Upwork.

It doesn't get much lower than that.

Obviously if he is comparing the client to zombies, he is using hyperbole.

Ace Contributor
28 of 44

Exactly

Ace Contributor
29 of 44

How can the client continue to send me refund requests and messages if I blocked her ?

How to stop this scammer once for all ?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
30 of 44

Michele L wrote:

How can the client continue to send me refund requests and messages if I blocked her ?

How to stop this scammer once for all ?

Just ignore her.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS