Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client doesn't want to pay the hours I worked

Community Leader
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
31 of 44

Petra R wrote:

Michele L wrote:

How can the client continue to send me refund requests and messages if I blocked her ?

How to stop this scammer once for all ?

Just ignore her.

If he blocked the person, he shouldn't have to be ignoring her?

I'm suprised that during the course of Michele's thread at no point has someone from Upwork reached out to help.

I appreciate that we've only heard one side of the story, but they're quick enough to get involved with when there's a bit of 'bantz', but not when someone feels bullied, threatened and intimidated by a client (not to mention that they've pointed out that a feature of the site apparently isn't working for them)?

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
32 of 44

Richard S wrote:

I'm suprised that during the course of Michele's thread at no point has someone from Upwork reached out to help.

Based on what he's posted here, it sounds as if he has interacted extensively with CS over this issue.

Community Leader
33 of 44

Tiffany S wrote:

Richard S wrote:

Based on what he's posted here, it sounds as if he has interacted extensively with CS over this issue.

He's tried to block the person and he can't. So his extensive interaction has been pointless.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
34 of 44

Richard S wrote:

He's tried to block the person and he can't. So his extensive interaction has been pointless.

If I had a guess, he's talking about that room they create when a dispute is filed. Can't block those since it's an ongoing dispute and lots of times people have meltdowns in them. I just ignore the rants but I have a feeling this guy is probably still responding.

Community Leader
35 of 44

Jennifer M wrote:

Richard S wrote:

If I had a guess, he's talking about that room they create when a dispute is filed. Can't block those since it's an ongoing dispute and lots of times people have meltdowns in them. I just ignore the rants but I have a feeling this guy is probably still responding.

Thanks Jennifer, that would explain it. I just feel for the OP. He's blocked someone then has to put up with the same crap all over again.

Again, only heard one side of the story, but if it's ok for someone to talk to someone else in the way the OP has descibed via the site, then there's something wrong.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
36 of 44

The best advice the OP has had is from Petra and that is to ignore her. 

This sort of situation is galling - very galling. However, if something really does not work out either here or in real life, the most effective thing to do is to move on and not to allow one crappy client to generate the debilitating sort of meltdown being experienced by the OP.  

That said, Upwork really ought to knock this sort of "client"on the head, because even if in the short term, they generate income, they can only be harmful eventually, to the business image Upwork would like to present. 

Ace Contributor
Michele L Member Since: Nov 12, 2018
37 of 44

Fully agree with you, Nichola, I just wanted to understand now how to block for real this person, I will contact the help center

Ace Contributor
38 of 44

Excuse me Richard, what does mean OP ?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
39 of 44

re: "Excuse me Richard, what does mean OP?"

OP = "Original Poster"

The original poster in this thread is Michele.

Ace Contributor
40 of 44
Thank you and apologies for the late reply
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS