cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client don't give information

jabzeel
Jabzeel M Member Since: Oct 20, 2016
1 of 10

Hello! I would like some advice about something that is making me anxious. Am doing a website for a client, and everything seems nice, the client gave me the username and password of the account to start working, but the password is incorrect. I, as one normally would do, send him a message with an image of the issue, but he hasn't respond and it has being 4 days since. I really want to do the job and help him in this project, but I can't even start working because of that and I don't know if that affects my payment. The client has not responded to the 3 messages I send, and frankly am doing nothing.

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
2 of 10

Billed any time or received any payments?

No?

You can then choose to remain "anxious" or you can close the contract; when closed, there is an option to say the client was unresponsive, etc. 

(No reflection on you if you HAVE NOT BILLED TIME OR ACCEPTED MONEY AT THIS POINT).

Take control of your life.

jabzeel
3 of 10

I haven't received any payment, and reviews says he is a good client. Am just feeling anxious cuz I can't work due to the password and don't know if that can bring me problems with Upwork.

bruce_dodds
Community Leader
Bruce D Member Since: Oct 1, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 10

It can be very disappointing when these things happen, but Gerry gave you good advice.    Close the job and turn your attention elsewhere.   You don't want to waste time waiting for an answer that may never come. 

If you wish, you can message the client that if he or she wants to start another project they can message you.

View solution in original post

jabzeel
5 of 10

Thank you, you both are absolutely right. Am new at Upwork and your help is very welcome, I know what to do now.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Jabzeel,

While I agree with Gerry and Bruce about staying calm and closing contracts if clients are unresponsive for a long period of time, I would recommend giving this client a bit of time to respond. 4 days is not a long term and the client may reply soon and clarify the issues you have.

~ Valeria
Untitled
jabzeel
7 of 10

Ok, I will try to find balance in the advices you guys gave me. I'll wait one week more, but if there's no response until then, I'll end the contract.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 10

Jabzeel,

Were you officially hired through Upwork? Do you see this project under "My Jobs"?

jabzeel
9 of 10

Yes. The project is under "My Jobs" and I received email confirming the contract from Upwork.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 10

This happened to me once on Elance. The guy hired me and didn't escrow anything. Told me he had to do something with his card. I just thought whatever dude get errrr done.

I waited like 2 weeks and nothing. Pinged him about it and heard nothing. Closed the contract I dunno like 2 weeks later and then I get a response of "?" That's it. I ignored him. I don't know what his deal was but c'est la vie **Edited for Community Guidelines** thanks for wasting my time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS