🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client end the Fixed price contract and askin...
Page options
00c9adcc
Community Member

Client end the Fixed price contract and asking for the refund

There are one of my client end the contract and he added the request to refund the escrow amount. As I have done already done 90% of work. Client stopped responding for a weeks and they never provides me the required things on time. As I sent the screen recoding of the working functionality on the website and client refuses that its not working on his end. I requested for the screen recoding but he never shared that and now he is asking for the refund.
3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client end the Fixed price contract and asking for the refund"

The client is behaving unethically and unprofessionally.

re: "There are one of my client end the contract and he added the request to refund the escrow amount. As I have done already done 90% of work."

The client is way out of line. This type of client behavioral is unacceptable. The client should release all money in escrow and close the contract.

re: "he never shared that and now he is asking for the refund."

Be polite and professional at all times, no matter what. But that does not mean that you need to agree to preposterous requests such as this. Politely say no. You may let the client know that if he has questions about refunds or fixed-price contracts, he may come to the Community Forum to ask his questions.

Now he is not responding. Can I request for the dispute. As I have 7 days to respond on the refund request? please suggest.

It does not matter if he is not responding. That may be a good thing.

You should immediately say no to the refund request.

Don't send him messages.

If he does nothing and does not correspond with the dispute mediator, then the escrow money will go to you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members