🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client ended contract after done works + othe...
Page options
aan_turnip
Community Member

Client ended contract after done works + other request

so last night i started a job/contract for few editing/touch up on some comic pages for 5$ 
at first.. with the original job required to do a spot edited in 2 pages  
then he send offer with another spot to fix so it's now 3 pages to fix.  ok i accept because it seems a small extra task.
while fixing his request i offer help to fix some bad coloring bleed/spot. 
i show the client the process/updates and he says OK
then he ask to send the uncompressed layered file "so he can inspects" 
and then he ask to fix a bit more..  i did it.. 
i send him again the uncompressed image layered files for for him to inspects
i ask his confirmation
then he said "great" and ask again for another request to recolor some part (outside the original requirements) and he said will be fully rating and give some tips
btw since he said ok/confirm i request to finish the contract
i send him the layered files ... it was 11 pm
i wait hours.. and it's passed midnight here 
i fell a sleep
i woke up in the morning..
saw that he chats.. said something not right... in 1.23 am in my local time..
and then after 1 half hour .. he ended contract and refunding..
and ask me to accept the refund or he could leave bad review

my mistake:
i admit that i missunderstood 1 of the origin  requirement that i draw a shape wrong 
on second page of 3 pages he ask (he ask  to draw/edit a helmet  visor to be black aligned with the original transparent helmet visor  and black helmet) >> i drew/edited it aligned with the helmet but the layer shape apparently not like what he wanted.. for the looks it's look alligned.. and he said ok in the chats)

if he could've wait a few hours until i open my pc again .. i can fix it in a minute.. 
i feel this is not fair.. 

ps: i already sumbit a dispute and he leave bad review

what you guys think? did i do the right thing to do the dispute ? or any suggestion?
i know i did a mistake .. but i feel like being scammed or something
i only did 3 job so far on this platform 
and now i have this problem..

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

Aan T wrote:

so last night i started a job/contract for few editing/touch up on some comic pages for 5$ 
at first.. with the original job required to do a spot edited in 2 pages  
then he send offer with another spot to fix so it's now 3 pages to fix.  ok i accept because it seems a small extra task.
while fixing his request i offer help to fix some bad coloring bleed/spot. 
i show the client the process/updates and he says OK
then he ask to send the uncompressed layered file "so he can inspects" 
and then he ask to fix a bit more..  i did it.. 
i send him again the uncompressed image layered files for for him to inspects
i ask his confirmation
then he said "great" and ask again for another request to recolor some part (outside the original requirements) and he said will be fully rating and give some tips
btw since he said ok/confirm i request to finish the contract
i send him the layered files ... it was 11 pm
i wait hours.. and it's passed midnight here 
i fell a sleep
i woke up in the morning..
saw that he chats.. said something not right... in 1.23 am in my local time..
and then after 1 half hour .. he ended contract and refunding..
and ask me to accept the refund or he could leave bad review

my mistake:
i admit that i missunderstood 1 of the origin  requirement that i draw a shape wrong 
on second page of 3 pages he ask (he ask  to draw/edit a helmet  visor to be black aligned with the original transparent helmet visor  and black helmet) >> i drew/edited it aligned with the helmet but the layer shape apparently not like what he wanted.. for the looks it's look alligned.. and he said ok in the chats)

if he could've wait a few hours until i open my pc again .. i can fix it in a minute.. 
i feel this is not fair.. 

ps: i already sumbit a dispute and he leave bad review

what you guys think? did i do the right thing to do the dispute ? or any suggestion?
i know i did a mistake .. but i feel like being scammed or something
i only did 3 job so far on this platform 
and now i have this problem..

This client sounds unreasonable and if he already left a bad review you might as well raise the dispute and get the money.  

ETA: Why do you say he left a bad review? Is this client who closed the job on August 30? He left a perfectly fine review and there is nothing bad about it. The private feedback might be a little bad, but publicly he left 5 stars and said it just wasn't a good fit, and that it was exploratory. It's not really bad, in my opinion. 

the one on closed 30 august is not this one i mentioned.
the job started last night and closed this morning ( sept 2 in his time/ sept2 in my time )
i think it's still private since it's under dispute

You need to vet your clients better... It's always those "lots of revisions for $ 5" jobs with mean-spirited clients that wreck profiles.

JoanneP

Hi Aan,

I checked, and I can see that you have already submitted a dispute. One of our disputes team members will update you directly to assist you further. In the meantime, if you have any questions, or would like to share more details about the contract, please feel free to update your ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths