🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client ended contract and request refund ...
Page options
ushahidul7
Community Member

Client ended contract and request refund after submitted work without any message to me

Hello everyone,

I've hired by a client about "Simple Front end index of a website for project " is was a javascript issue. I've completed this job with client requirement and send payment request with attachment of the project code file. But I didn't get any response from client within next 2 days. After 2 days I've sent a message to client about "Have you received the code file?" But in that time also client ditn't give me any repply! I've knock to client after 12 days at 8.46am "Hi Jas, Are you there?" then client replyed me at 12.06pm "Hello Are you there?" after that I've replyed "Yes I'm here" at 12.07pm but client didn't sent me any message. After that day client ended the contract with sent me refund request. What should I do now?

Please see the attached files of all conversation

.**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shahidul I wrote:

Petra R.
Thanks for your reply,
Client was give me 1 hours 30 minute. But after assigne me the job here have been many storms so there was no electricity. That's why I've delivery the project after 12 hours. 

So you took 8 times longer? That's like delivering something you meant to have done in a week after two months!

I would refund. Your logistical issues are not the client's problem.

If the client needed something inside 1. 5 hours (which means it must have been really urgent) then it would be no good to the client at all after 12 hours. Chances are the client had already found someone else who managed to complete the project in an hour and a half as was needed by the time you finally showed up with the work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Shahidul I wrote:

Hello everyone, After that day client ended the contract with sent me refund request. What should I do now?

Have you asked the client about the refund request?

By how much did you miss the deadline?

Petra R.
Thanks for your reply,
Yes, I've asked but client is offline. He didn't give me any reply yet.

Client was give me 1 hours 30 minute. But after assigne me the job here have been many storms so there was no electricity. That's why I've delivery the project after 12 hours. Please check the attachment.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Shahidul I wrote:

Petra R.
Thanks for your reply,
Yes, I've asked but client is offline. He didn't give me any reply yet.

Client was give me 1 hours 30 minute. But after assigne me the job here have been many storms so there was no electricity. That's why I've delivery the project after 12 hours. Please check the attachment.

If you knew that your client was in that much of a rush and that you'd be unable to deliver, then if I were you, I would have done no work, then as soon as I got back online I would have apologised and given him a refund. I know it's not your fault that there was a storm, but it wasn't your client's fault, either. It's not going to be worth your time to go into a dispute over $30.

Shahidul I wrote:

Petra R.
Thanks for your reply,
Client was give me 1 hours 30 minute. But after assigne me the job here have been many storms so there was no electricity. That's why I've delivery the project after 12 hours. 

So you took 8 times longer? That's like delivering something you meant to have done in a week after two months!

I would refund. Your logistical issues are not the client's problem.

If the client needed something inside 1. 5 hours (which means it must have been really urgent) then it would be no good to the client at all after 12 hours. Chances are the client had already found someone else who managed to complete the project in an hour and a half as was needed by the time you finally showed up with the work.

Shahidul I wrote:

Please check the attachment.

After reading the timeline from the messages in your attachment, it looks like you accepted the job at 10:50 a.m., then told the client that you were "nearly" done at 5:51 p.m. (so you must have been back online by that time), but then you still didn't deliver the project until 10:38 p.m. 

After reading the timeline from the messages in your attachment, it looks like you accepted the job at 10:50 a.m., then told the client that you were "nearly" done at 5:51 p.m. (so you must have been back online by that time), but then you still didn't deliver the project until 10:38 p.m. 

Also, those must have been pretty interesting storms to have knocked out electricity all day on the 5th of May in Jamalpur....

weather.png

I am a client.

I have a deadline.

I hired a freelancer.

If the freelancer did not meet the deadline because:

a) the freelancer had a power outage due to storms

b) the freelancer was playing video games with his friends

c) the freelancer was busy saving the Prime Minister from a deadly earthquake

...it doesn't make any difference to my project.

If I want to close the contract and ask for a refund, then the honorable freelancer immediately grants the refund, regardless of the reason for the delay.

The freelancer does not tell me: "Well, I couldn't write your blog article about the Top 10 Cartoon-themed Breakfast Cereals because I was saving the Prime Minister's life." The freelancer just says "Okay."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths